Warp drives now

Lockheed Martin recently announced that they should have a jet engine sized fusion reactor ready for mass production in about ten years. Regardless of Lockheeds strong reputation a lot of people, particularly in the scientific community, are skeptical about it.

If this guys thing works that’s great and I hope it does, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being skeptical at this point.

P.S. Point being, of course, that it doesn’t matter if you’re a top of the line defense contractor or a dude workin’ out of a garage. If you’ve got something groundbreaking brewing people are gonna have questions.

That and the fact that there’s often been claims of ‘miracle devices’ being made by people who try to convince the media that they’ve cracked the secret to things like perpetual motion.

Don’t believe everything you watch on YouTube, that’s not to say that every theory presented on the site is utter quackery, but some of them are and you need to learn the skill on how to discern between fact and fiction.

We do not know the guy. But we do know your reputation, getting stronger by the day, of finding and bringing to our attention the most outlandish of sciency conspiracy theories. Why should we expect this one to be any different?

Yes, I realize this is an ad hominem arguement, and, as with the blind squirrel’s ability to find a nut, it is theoretically possible for one of the many improbable things you decide are facts to actually be true. Unfortunately, you have no credibility to make the arguement.

That’s my point, I could be wrong. I might, however, not know that I’m wrong, maybe I have just overlooked something. This is exactly why all new ideas should be challenged, to make sure they are not wrong.

Being someone who is neither a scientist or a physician but just the regular artist, my job is to know the maximum of what is going on in this world, and as well to carefully listen to those who actually know what they are talking about…

I come from a background where I am lucky enough to know people who work, or are involved in many different domains…

There are many people in this world who can claim whatever they want, but a truth is that the people who make real breakthroughs in science and physics, are either people who are already employed or who have dedicated themselves to a specific area and are recognized for their work or contributions ; And sadly things do not always turn out as expected, and this can sometimes have very real and serious implications…

The chances are is that your all rounder scientist-physician will be either involved in a hoax or will be a fictional character in some film or anime…

What if they were previously employed and are retired and came up with a breakthrough technology?

then they would patent it, then submit it for peer review…

if it can’t stand up against peer review it’s not science.

What if their pensions are so measly that they need to earn money by creating a hoax to generate YouTube clicks?
See? “What if” is a pretty fickle basis for assumptions.

And seriously, which respectable scientist would choose an unintelligible YouTube video to disclose a breakthrough technology to the world? Instead of a publication in a prestigious trade journal and a patent application?

Then they would contact their previous co-workers or employers, but certainly would not post their work via a YouTube video saying what ever…

The reason why they would post on youtube is because they fear the government may take their invention.I have heard of things like that happening.

Corporations/companies like google comply with governments, so if a video would be bothering any major government, then it would be removed ; After, to what you may be implying, I have as-well heard many stories, but do not pay too much attention to what you see/hear ; Listen to those who have taken the time and effort to acknowledge you, and write back…
If you want to search for answers then this is not a good place, afk ; From my experience, it is talking with people who have interests that have nothing to do with mine, that I have managed to get beyond most of this nonsense and move on, anyway Lost, see you around…

A very generous person has uploaded on the blendswap.com website, some fantastic distortion materials to use with the cycles render engine ; This can be useful for making CG effects such as warp drive bubbles or black holes…

I believe it is not nonsense.

Don’t get me wrong here but I said nonsense and not absolute nonsense “ineptia” :wink:

I believe david parez knows what he is talking about until proven other wise.Nobody has really done that by doing the experiment themselves.

I think that this famous quote sums up what I am trying to say…

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein-

Hank ! you are awesome…

That is not thinking outside the box.That has already been thought of.