Vikings

http://blenderartists.org/forum/images/ba-rating/rating_5.gif

oh, vray. :frowning:
lower that camera some, that’ll help with the perceived scale issues.

Looks awesome, a few things though.

1. Horizon as the other guy said. Just add some panorama or model some random mountains and put a texture on it.
  2. Water, the water is too clean. It looks like water in a glass. Ripples are too big, and it looks too clean.
  3. The light seems unnatural too me, it’s too paint like. Try to copy the light and the lake from the image below. And I think you will get something that looks less like a miniature.
    http://www.visit12apostles.com.au/images/image/fishing%20lake%20bullen%20merri.jpg

I really like the warm soft colours. That is awesome :slight_smile:

wow! nicely done :slight_smile: And Ah! V-Ray, one day I would love to have!

:eyebrowlift2:Really awesome work, very detailed hills and cabins. I also like your Longship:evilgrin:
How did you get the choppy water affect? :confused:

I was thinking more of :smiley: yay, vray.
Pipeline in action.

Nicely done, but as others have said, add a horizon. I also love your color scheme. 5* to my new background

That was also my thinking. I realized it is because the size of the waves on the lake. Bring down those waves size around 20 times or so would be better. Lighting is perfect and makes it feel they are really there. Amazing.

The rocks make it look like whales… where are you from?

F a a a a n tastic, just sickeningly good.

the light is great!

Very Cool! I love the colours. It does seem kind of empty (no people) but I can understand how hard it would be to do that.

the first impression was that it is a model (i mean hand made model :slight_smile: ) photographed in macro mode . i relay like the picture.

awesome work! great textures and colors!

Added to the gallery.

I think that if you were looking at an actual lake from that distance the ripples would be smaller and more turbulent looking maybe?

Amazing work, great lightning.

magnificent. love this atmosphere

Wow this is really good. Images like this shows me that Blender is the way to go. I’m sold, and I just installed Blender and trying to read up on Python to get familiar.

-The picture, I would say that if you added clouds around and in front of the montain and maybe some frosty snow at the pinnacle it would perfect. just that small touch would do it but overall I would love to know how you did this.

The only thing that I would add to this is some taller grass along the edges of the water. Maybe where buildings meet the ground as well.

I love this piece of work! Absolutely awesome!

Your work makes me feel like I’m watching or playing some viking stuffs. As what I have observed, the graphic of your picture is sort of the same in some online games.