Very realistic sun studies for architects

@ejnaren: thank you so much for this news !!!
@Xaire: thanks for great add-on :slight_smile: no yet tested, but anyway . . . :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry, wrong thread.

Would it be great if add-on could be placed in Properties > Lamp when Sun Lamp is selected.
Merge with “Sky & Atmosphere”

It would be especially nice if the I could get the TIME attribute to animate when rendering an animation? Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone?

Bueler? Bueler?

Thanks for that hint, it looks very useful an interesting.
Have to test it in a free minute :slight_smile:

Edit:
I just tested it, it works very good work, congratulation to the scriptauthor !

Now you have a automatic Sun & Sky-System within Blender for Cycles.
And you can mix it’s with custom HDRI-Environments.
Very very handy !

Kind regards
Alain

Thanks for this fantastic addon. I used it with Vray yesterday and works flawless :slight_smile:

frist thanks
and i am the four

Thanks for the comments and sorry about not posting here before as this is a low priority for me. Keeping up with API changes have not been easy either.

Ran13, there is a new version 1.4.1 at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/Sun_Position which fixes the bug you are writing about. You should now be able to render in background with the viewport closed.

P.S. Will be working towards a version that works in the World properties.

I’d like to thank Brecht for investigating this bug based on scanty info I posted in IRC, and Michael Martin for fixing it. Works like a charm, now!

However, I should note that I wasn’t rendering in the background, nor had the viewport closed. In fact, I had two 3D view windows open (one for with general view of the scene, one set to camera viewpoint). Neither were set to “rendered”, so Cycles wasn’t trying to simultaneously render to disk, and a viewport. And I tried with Render display set to “New Window”, and “Image Editor”, both with the same problematic results… the Time attribute was not “stepping” thru the set keys unless I hovered & wiggled the mouse around over the Time field.

Anyway… all is working fine now!

Thank you!

Very Useful

We are deep in experience in this highly specialized field, and have knowledgeable people you can talk to about your job. We take pride in our craftsmanship, and

guarantee your satisfaction. When you want it done on time, on budget, and beautifully, talk to us!

Website Design NYC

We are deep in experience in this highly specialized field, and have knowledgeable people you can talk to about your job. We take pride in our craftsmanship, and

guarantee your satisfaction. When you want it done on time, on budget, and beautifully, talk to us!

Website Design NYC

Thanks for sharing…:slight_smile:

Well its been awhile, but I’ve moved the sun widget into the World properties with added functionality including world map options. The Wiki hasn’t been completely updated yet, but should be has enough info to get started. You can get to it here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/Sun_Position.

Options allow for various map resolutions including textureless.
http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/1/1a/Scripts_3D_interaction_Sun_Position_WorldMap.jpg

Make sure to uninstall the old version and remove it from the …/scripts/addons directory as the new version is contained in its own directory.

Cheers!

Whoa ! Nice !
Congratulations on moving to the world panel and adding the interactive world map ! Also good job on the documentation !
Keep up the good work ! Words can not express gratitude !

Thanks for listening to the users and for all your effort and time Xaire! Great update.

Wonderful addon, xaire, thank you very much!

Great update, Xaire! Thanks!

nice work!