Velociraptor (in the style of JP3)

Update:

The head looked rather “bumpy” to me than “scaly” so I smoothed it out a little and made the scales a lot more visible.

(The lower jaw isn’t finished yet, so working on that now)
ambient occlusion is on to make the detail better seen in this screenshot

Trying as much as I can to get the small little details in without having to subdivide it any more

Well, I think this about wraps it up for today:

The head is still the main focus as I want to be able to do close-up renders of it. Tomorow I’ll probably be working on the arms and hands as well as parts of the neck

Edit: This has been solved :slight_smile:

Update: I’ve run into a small problem. I want to replace the current feet of the raptor with newly modeled feet. What I did was delete them and connected the new feet, only to find that all the sculpting I did was gone. Anyone know a way to do this without losing all sculpting progress?

What I want to do is:

1. Go into edit mode and get rid of the foot
  2. Join the new foot model to the raptor and connect it, then start sculpting on it while preserving all other progress

I’m using a multiresolution modifier. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated.

The past few days I’ve been pretty busy but have been working on the raptor little by little when I could find time. I’ve restarted sculpting again after I decided on a new design for the raptor, so I will try and post pictures of the sculpt soon :slight_smile: I have also tweaked the base mesh a bit, and completely re-made the feet to be more realistic