V1.6: MeasureIt - measurement tools

I will think about your ideas. About measures during editing, this is a Blender python limitation. I cannot acces to the vertex position before you get out of Edit mode. Maybe is possible, but I could not find a way to get the position during editing process.

Thanks! I will think about your ideas, it looks they aren’t compex to implement, at least 1) and 2).

Thanks, since more than one guys here asking for how to render. Though I know little about coding, but maybe it would be possible to add a button to convert those signs into renderable meshes/curves? Excuse me if this is a bold question. :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for considering it. it would be a great thing.

Awesome addon, I really love it

I agree with masluch’s comment.
Usually displayed unit should be same in engineering drawing.
In my region, it is “mm”. So, I modified this addon a little to always display “mm”.
I know that using unit is different in other region and countries, such as in U.S…

If you add an options property in measureit panel to select, it is very good for everyone who use this, I think.
Anyway, this is great addon.
Thank you,

I’m working in the new version with all these features.

New version v1.2 available with this changes:

Changes in version 1.2

• New scale text.
  • New scale precision.
  • New select units (scene or manual selection (meters, cm, mm, ft or in)).
  • New override parameteres for scene (color, font, line width).
  • Precision allows 0.
  • Fix error after loading new .blend.

Great! It became more useful.

+1 Im w/you

Bravo! Thanks for the nice new features

hi i want to make a request
is it possible to add function a button ( clear all mark / delete all measurement layer )

reason for this function sometimes many layer is created because
im using this as a quick checker/view measurements and
when im now sure the measurement is correct i delete all the layer but one by one

thank you very much for this plugin

This addon is great! A must-have for me. Thanks so much.

Thanks a lot Antonio… a most needed aid in precise modelling indeed. Those days I was looking at the measurment tools in Sketchup and thinking how good would be if we had such tools in Blender too. My wish has been heard on Highs’ as it seems. : - )

I have found the way to get the vertex position in EDIT mode

From version v1.2 the measure is dynamic in EDIT mode for segments and labels. Download from Github.

This is really cool!

1 questions/2 suggestions: Is it possible to render out an image with this? It says it works in preview mode but didn’t mention final render.

Is it possible to add a feature where you can render the camera view with all the objects black along with the background and simply have the measurements showing (using the black objects as masks)? Not so much render as I mean a real time view and being able to save that real time view in order for comp on top of the final render. It would be useful for compositing and adding some extra little effects to the measurements and so on.

And maybe a neat feature would be to get the measurements to show up automatically on your selections and disappear when they are no longer selected. I know this is already possible within blender but having it as an option in your plugin may be nice for newer users.

Anyway, really like this a lot and will be using it quite a bit in the future. Thank you!

New version V1.3 available in GitHub:

Changes in version 1.3

• New Mesh angles.
  • Show measure changes in EDIT mode.
  • Cleaning measures not used when saving.
  • Small bug fixing.

Video: http://youtu.be/bljkN53sIhw

Thanks Antonio for your answer “I used Pycharm…”
Bye bye
Spirou4D

You have this feature in v1.3. Download it and enjoy!

You have a video here: http://youtu.be/bljkN53sIhw

Yes, you have this option in V1.3. Download it from Github.

New video in: http://youtu.be/bljkN53sIhw