[v1.1.1] Archimesh: Architecture elements (rooms, doors, columns, stairs, tile roofs)

I have no interest or experience in Archviz but this is one of the most fuckn awesome addons i have seen. I salute you sir.

Your video tutorials are excellent. And that is high praise from me since I HATE most video tutorial. There is one thing I would like to ask. On the video on cutting a door in a room. the text is red and small. To small to read at the original video size. But then if I expand it to full screen size It is too blurry. I think you are saying to put the door in the wall then go to edit mode and CTRL-R to add new edges to the wall and delete the faces bounded by those new edges that outline the door. But that is just from looking at the keyboard screencast keys.

Can you illuminate?

Great add-on !

My only request is that the smoothness of the tiles is a configurable parameter. My computer gets heavy when many objects use.

Windows and other architectural structures are future plans?

Sorry for my bad english.

TynkaTopi , your screencast link is not working, can you please send a screenshot of your boolean settings? I fail to figure this out.

Could you post it somewhere else, github is not friendly to this user. It doesn’t let me download it.

Nevermind TynkaTopi. I just made an invisible cubes around windows, parented them to the windows and it works like a charm. I love the procedural approaches. Thanks for the idea.

You can download in Blender extension website: https://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/153/467/37230/28129/archimesh_0_4.zip

Hi Antonioya,

Thank you for the wonderful add-on, it’s very handy!

I noticed that the normals of around 8 of the faces of the column object are reversed. It only took a minute or so to correct, but I thought I should mention it.

Thanks!

ÂĄCojonuda Antonio! Muchas gracias.

Hi JL+blackForest,

The problem with the face normals for columns is fixed in version 0.5. You can download it from GitHub. Thanks to send me the error!

I noticed it with the baseboards too with some combination of inverse option and negative starting wall. Maybe it’s just inverse can’t tell right now.

It would be awesome if we could add room walls by clicking on screen (snapping to CAD data, for example) or by selecting a curve. I don’t know if that’s even feasible.

Thanks again.

V.0.5 btw

Tella,

I think this is not an error. When you start a room, the normals are recalculate with each wall (using Ctrl+N Blender function), and if the walls are in some situations, the normals will be inverse, but after adding new walls to complete the room, the normals will be calculated by Blender in the right way.

Thanks excellent add-on and tutorials .

Maybe another idea if you have time for it http://alberoart.com/cabinet-creator-EN with 3dmax

I live this addon. I think I died and went to heaven. But could you explain further onhow to make angled walls. I do have a few suggestion for things you can add.

#1 auto uvmapping of wall,floors,roves and stairs. I can do this manually rght now but it would be so much more convient if the program did it autoMAGICALLY.

#2 The ability to make curved wall and make curved to straight walls.

#3 The ability to make domed rooves. There is an old arch and vault addon that I use with the solidify modifer to get that now.

Other then those wishlist items this thing is great.

You’re welcome.

Thanks!

Oh an one more thing to add to my wish list.

#4 The ability to make interior walls. That abut (are connected to) the already constructed exterior walls.

I guess you can do this already but making a new room inside and already created room structure. I think there should be a more autoMAGICAL way of doing it.

New version 0.5.1 with automatic UV unwrap for rooms including walls, baseboard, floor and ceiling.

Download available in GitHub.

Shaba1, add a Solidify Modifier and change the thickness - insto presto interior walls!

could you make and animated gif of what you mean. What I was talking about was making a T junction in a wall. where the long part of the T is and interior wall of a room.

First, thank you for this. As per BennyG: adding the ability to create cabinets would be an enormous help. Thanks again.