Unfold transition

I didn’t do something special. UVs seems to be well handled by the addon.

i think uvs will look scrambled on the back side, it’s not that bad with tiles or a solid color though

Hmm, I came here right for the UV help … from your last post I smell troubles :slight_smile:
Today I wanted to use flip card option to switch sign from one to another, but as expected, model starts with flipped cards = flipped image in each face.

I thought I can use second UVmap specified by new node (before called via Atribute node) and fix it manually (since I couldn’t unwrapped flipped faces). So I will have two uv layouts for each material.
But for render is used only one UVmap for render.
Im not sure from since this node is available and if this can be featured for this addon, but can you check this blend if there is an option to solve this issue?

Thanks for answer

vklidu your file worked fine for me after loading a couple of textures -but had to swap the uv nodes, that’s strange-
I see that for a plane it’s easy to flip the uv rows, for a more complex mesh it could be quite a task

anyway, am I missing something else here…?

OK, I found it.
It’s a viewport problem - Texture vs. Material vs. Render View.
I knew about some differences, but Material mode seemed to me OK, but now I see there is also difference in displaying UVmap assigned via Atribute node and UV Map node.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55113627/>%20Blender/test-Unfold-Transition_ViewMode.mov
Attribute node displays UV OK, UV Map node doesn’t.
Render mode is OK in both cases.

Download Blend File

noticed the display problem, but switching to attribute node doesn’t help here…
anyway rendered view and export works as expected

Super cool effect, Liero…!

Instant Suzanne’s mystique transformation.

I know, Miss Suzanne is never enough…

…WOW! That`s a really nice Animation!..

@liero: sorry, but what do you mean “attribute node doesn’t help here”?
I don’t want to mess such a beautiful topic here (this problem seems to be display UV inaccuracy, that is in blender for a while).

Now I noticed that I used version 0.0.8., but nodes display the same as in video.
With 0.0.9 I get more strange result when I subdivide default plane 10times.
Some bones wasn’t generated so several faces (randomly) are not visible :frowning:

About UVmap does exist a way to get uv layout of flipped faces?
So like that can be seen initial image as compound?
(in my sample I did it manually)

Note to UI:
Since flip face option is enabled some of features for animation is inactive.
Could be helpful to grey them for better orientation?

great animation. Now explain how you did not and kept the uvs intact.

vklidu I meant that attribute node wasn’t working for me, but now it does…
maybe this ‘uv node’ problem should be reported? it’s a recent adition

for the flipped UV tried Ctrl+L > ‘transfer UV maps’ from a mesh -a copy with armature applied and fixed uv- and seems to work
will think again on greying some items or if they make sense to be there
but could not reproduce problem with subdivided plane yet

shaba1 that animation doesn’t use the flip effect, also it’s just a solid color on the ‘back’

OK, missing bones is problem of blender version 2.70-9b60174.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55113627/>%20Blender/test-UnfoldTrans-Error.jpg
With last build blender-2.70-19b82be from http://builder.blender.org/download/ it works OK.
Sorry I didn’t follow standard process (latest build with factory setting).

If it’s possible to hide these options for “Flipping Faces” enabled, sound as better option :slight_smile:

• checkbox “Flipping Faces” seems to me more clear to be placed under second part “2. animation”

Node Atribute/UVmap - I will try to report it.

I will try UV transfer :slight_smile: Thanks

excellent addon
I tried to test it in Blender 2.72 but I get the following error

Works for me in 2.74 :slight_smile:

@Liero: a bit late, almost year :slight_smile: but … thank you “Transfer UV Maps” works great.

works still in 2.77rc

I made an explode type test which was achieved by keyframed rotating & scaling after the animated unfold.

Downloaded yesterday. It is very nice! Thank you!

I used this great tool in this project here:

I’m starting another one right now.
We can do great stuff with this tool.
Thank you, liero!

Really nice Eversimo.

Nice animations eversimo, you did some custom rigging there also guess with the help of Emu’s paper scripts… I had seen your video before linked in blendernation, good luck with that new project!

btw there was also this in blendernation that makes use of the script http://www.blendernation.com/2016/03/05/compass-live3d-matching/

thanks guys