ucupumar's Sketchbook

The next one is part of Sculpt January which I only submit one entry :stuck_out_tongue:
I created Jack Nicholson for favorite actor theme.

Honestly, this one is not my favorite because the vertex color is really messy and the hair looks weird. :no:

This last one for today are my attempt to create more believable yet stylish female face. It’s heavily inspired by Peter Xiao artworks. My technique I used for this one are dyntopo, vertex paint, and glsl material nodes.

Update: Blend file is available for download here

Usual sculpt practice using dyntopo, vertex paint, & realtime material nodes. This one is partly inspired by Rei Ayanami from Evangelion. You can download the blend file here.

Without vertex paint:

With vertex paint:

Love your work. I already saw the stuff on your Youtube channel, but didn’t see this thread. Great sculpting. Also a question: how do you find vertex paint? I always have to go over multiple times over the area to paint all the vertices for some reason, do you experience the same?

Also big thanks for actually sharing your stuff! Super cool.

Thanks for really nice words! I really really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

You can cover more area by using blur brush to spread the color. For me, vertex paint at least kinda works for some basic coloring. I know it still need more love from the devs, like smear brush, mirror, and ultimately vertex paint on multires mesh. The last feature actually implemented on Blender 2.4, but some reason it’s not on modern blender. :confused:

Thanks for sharing your blends! I was curious about your node setup - pretty straightforward :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :eyebrowlift:
***Another hair sculpt exercise. It’s really inspired by Dongho Kang.
Blend file is available to download here.

Final result:

Matcap:

Experimenting with matcap and mist on first WIP:

Dyntopo constant detail definitely helps when creating front hair, but not so on back long hair. So, I decided to use multires on long hair. As usual, I’m using GLSL viewport to render this and all the materials are created using nodes.

Nice works. Particularly dig the fighters. Saw your Boman first on youtube, still my favourite here. Prefer your Birdie to the SFV version. That Terry looks ready for some toon shade tests, simpler details but a great likeness. You Whip it good.

Thanks for sharing your work and techniques.