Tyto alba's Sketchbook

I’m trying to familiarize myself with sculpting in Blender so I can tackle some of the projects I want to make but don’t have the skills for yet. I thought modeling a meringue cake would be a good way to just do some freestyle sculpting.

Another experiment with surrealism. This is a landscape made from bit of filigree I drew, layered upon itself. It was imported as a .svg file, solidified, then given a glass material.

I’m working on creating a portrait of an RPG character of mine. This is my first attempt at working with a human figure. I’m using MakeHuman to model him, and while that probably isn’t teaching me as much about how to model anatomy as starting from scratch would, it’s quick and intuitive. Still, I’m learning a lot about body UVs, particle systems for hair, and posing. This is one of the base skins, which I’m working on modifying to suit my character.

The teacups are very whimsical, I liek them - and your interiors are great

This is a model in progress of what will be a brooch resembling a sprig of mistletoe.

Playing with the lighting as I finish adding leaves…

Wasn’t sure which background color I liked best so I rendered out a few different ones.