Tune Up!

uh 17gb doesnt make any sense.

-please delete those profiles,
-Make sure the whole addons folder isnt that size. (…/scripts/addons/)
-Make sure this addon’s folder name is exactly ui_tune_up (…/scripts/addons/ui_tune_up/)
-download the addon and overwrite the files utils.py and preferences.py.
-Then try again to save a profile.

It should fix where the profiles are stored and the profile sizes. Please let me know if that works. ill review the code anyway.

My add-on folder is ~50MB.
Add-on’s folder name is exactly …/scripts/addons/ui_tune_up/.
The path the files are stored now is correct, but the size is the same, still 17,2 GB.
I am on a Linux Debian family, Linux Mint17.1 if that helps.

PS:On your website you have two download links, but they are the same, I guess, maybe you should say so.

Hi sry it isnt working for you. Ive tested the addon on ubuntu and it worked but i guess it depends on how blender is installed.
Im aware of a behaviour that might cause that and i thought it was fixed. Please send me this information:

Open blender
Goto scripting
At the console window, type:
bpy.utils.script_paths()
bpy.utils.resource_path(“LOCAL”)
bpy.utils.resource_path(“USER”)
bpy.utils.resource_path(“SYSTEM”)

copy/paste everything and send me the text returned.

Another question, Do you have any high res texture library installed within any folder related to blender?

The error that i know doesnt finish to create a profile but in your case it does, so any of the copied folders might be that huge, and the script is working as expected.

Just signing in again to say thanks for this wonderful script! this is awsome!

Thank you very much.

And here it goes the second round. v0.6
Many new exciting features, but before you jump to install the new release watch the upgrade and features video at the main post.

Have fun.

Hi Mackracken, thanks for sharing this addon. I watched both videos, but I have yet to try the addon. Is it possible somehow to delete entire panels at once?

Im not exactly sure what you mean by deleting entire panels, do you mind to ellaborate?, you can remove panels one by one but not many at once since you have to select which ones are you removing.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy videos but i couldnt come up with any other way to explain everything.

Oops, I meant to say entire ‘tabs.’ In some cases, I think it might just be easier for me to clear everything first, then add what I want to keep. The toolshelf in the 3d viewport is a good example of this. And, actually I appreciate the lengthy videos. Thanks again!

Hi Shaba, can you post an image of that cluttered toolshelf? so we can see better what’s the matter.

This addon tries to solve cluttering by allowing to remove unnecesary panels (transform, duplicate and such) also reduces the amount of scrolling.

By removing all the panels from a tab you also remove the tab itself, so you may do that to remove the tabs you dont need.

As the video shows you can remove all the default tabs on object mode without losing functionality.

If you carefully select and learn the tools you need to complete any task you may not have that cluttering problem. On the contrary if you want to handle all that amount of extra functionality then we are talking about another problem that could be solve by creating menus for example. Ill do some research.

Here is a screen shot of what I call my 1X1 screen setup. I use this when I want to get maximum 3d Viewport space. I normally work is a 4X4 screen setup that has 4 3d Viewports i.e. Top,Front,Right side, and Camera.

As you can see I have so many addons and scripts that the tabs on the left side are so small I cannot tell which one applies to which addon. I KNOW I should disable the ones that I do not use regularly. But as I said before I am a packrat by nature. I would rather have something and not need it then need it and not have it.

MatsuikoiHiroka: That addon seem EXACTLY what I was looking for Thanks so much. i installed it in both 2.74 and 2.75 and so far it seems to work just as I wanted it to. Now its just a matter of me reorganizing my Toolkit and tabs panel.

Very usufull addon. From here life becomes much easier.
I have a small problem with a screen menu. When I create a new scene (#2 for example), start my work and than I’ m choosing any of the screens it goes to previous scene (#1). I know that is not a bug and it is a blender feature but it’s annoying and illogic.
It’s just the idea for tuning up and thanks again for Your work!

Thanks dezet, thats a good example i didnt even know about. Ive included it, now the layout menu doesnt change the scene when a screen is selected.

Download the script again, and just overwrite menus.py for the new one or reinstall the addon but beware not to overwrite data.json if you have made changes on that file.

I updated menus.py and it works as it should though there is a small problem yet. When You change a visibility of tool shelf or properties (if you turn it off or on) and you go to another screen and then back the blender crushes.

Thank You very much for very quick answer!

It doesnt crash on my side Blender 2.76rc. can you send me blender version and a file so i can reproduce the error?

I have the latest release 2.76.

This problem is not related to Your script. I delete menus.py and had these crushes again. Maybe I should reinstall blender and see what happen

Ok, in the meantime I solved this problem. It was caused by the option/checkbox in the User Preferences/system tab that is named ‘Region overlapped’. When it is turned on my blender crushes :slight_smile: