Transmission and other car components in bullet vehicle wrapper

That is a good idea.I think I will add that idea.

Hehe, I am glad to help you with ideas:)

I think i will have it so that if the car recieves too much damage or the player run out of gas.Then the player loses.If the player gets out of the car and picks up repair kits.Then gets back in.The player can repair his car.These repair kits would randomly spawn.Here is what i have so far for the car.

What exactly doesn’t work for you there? Also, using the way: if velocity.magnitude > 10: own.velocity.magnitude = 10 feels wrong, because it is not natural at all. Try changing the “drag” value instead, set it to something like 4 or 10.

The terrain is not loading and there is no error for it.Could it be that there using a different movement script for it?

I haven’t checked it much, but I don’t have much time. Maybe ask others in support and discussion section?

You car blend stopped working.You need to check it.Unless it is not working with blender 2.76.

Hm… When I get time, I will take a look.

Can you implement your gearing system in to this car wrapper?:confused:
It’s similar to your car wrapper but a little more advanced

If you tell it to me, than I say - yes. The only difference, I guess, is that it stops engine during shifting in my setup. Wait for me to upload it today!:slight_smile:

Sorry I forgot to put the link, I’ll go get it

This car wrapper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgdl81g7d82lew1/Car%20Engine%20.zip?dl=0
Delete the object making the sound

Did someone check to see if the car still works in the blend?

So can you do it?

Been looking for something like this for ages. Awesome!

:slight_smile: I’d reccomend you to wait for around week when I’ll release my custom vehicle physics system lite. It’s like 10x more realistic than this;)

Hello,

I tried it out and must say: this is the first template that actually works.
But i also found a few annoying things…

1. change the maxRPM will stop the sound from playing.
  • solution in the script scroll down and set the 6000 (its hard coded in it) to car[maxRPM]
  1. the idle sound keeps playing while driving.
  2. changing maxRPM causes the car to only drive in gear 1 and won’t shift anymore.
  3. driving up the ramp, let it roll backwards and hit throttle to go forwards will take a few minutes.
  4. steering works a bit strange, because when you drive at 120 Km\h and you turn it wont turn a lot or it will slow you down to lets say 50 km/h without braking.

No idea if you caused this or the wrapper itself, i did not look into all of it yet.
But beside those little things i like it, thanks!

Most of it is matter of wrapper. Bullet vehicle wrapper is kind of bad one, that’s why I am making my own currently.