Trailer Project

Thanks for checking out the WIP!

Working on another scene…a holographic council chamber on board a ship. I’ve got a few more spot lights to put in for effect/lighting specific areas but other than that, I think I’m going to call it good. The shots will be brief anyway and will focus on the characters more than the surroundings. But still…

Too dark? boring/uninteresting?
C&C welcome

Here are a couple shots of some recent work…one of a ship emerging from a vapor trail type effect. Much trial and error with the smoke sim and learned a lot in the process. The other is a shot of a navigation console. Both are taken from a series of shots that are only going to be a few seconds long per shot.

Now onto modelling more of the characters…

Still working on this project…restarted on the drilling rig and have a brief animation test. You can view here:

C&C welcome.

I’ve been working on this again…slowly. Here’s an additional setting/environment. Not too much to look at but I was pleased that it turned out very close to what I had envisioned to begin with. Lots more to do but I’ve got no deadline and stopping to learn stuff as I go. I worked out some compositing questions with this scene that will help me elsewhere. In case you can’t tell, this is an ore bin that will be used as a detention cell. The character will be sitting on the pile of ore for the final animation…

Wow, the drilling animation is cool. Somehow I missed it. Nice work with the particles. You could perhaps increase the expansion of the particles right at the rim, but this is impressive.

The ore material looks nice also from what I can see in this dark environment.

Every scifi trailer needs a hologram effect, right? So…here’s my first attempt. The mesh is a stand-in until I get the modeling done for that character. I just wanted to see if I could get an effect I liked. In the end, I’ll use keyed particles to morph into the shape of the mesh (per a recent tut that came out from…BlenderHD I think…). Also…some other stills of ship renders recently completed.

Attachments

After a hiatus, I’ve been able to give some time to this project again. I’m working on some clothing for one of the characters. Comments/Critiques? and a question…this will be used for animation. What’s the best way to attach the chain at the neck to both sides of the lapels in order to allow it to move with the jacket? Is there a way to parent separate vertex groups on one object to separate vertex groups on another?