To all American Cycles users; Samsung seeks to ban Nvidia products from the US

Calling all American Cycles users…

BTW i wouldnt worry, these things happen everyday between the big companies.
Apparently they rather spend their money on lawyers then on product development.
It would be a bit amazing, if america would put import bans on high-tec.
As they would son put their selves out of business, a lot of high-tec comes from outside.

If I was an AMD fanboy, I would actually be rooting for Samsung to permanently kick Nvidia out of the US market, which is not the case (just wanting to see AMD get their bearings back doesn’t warrant the term).

I also disagree with your claims above. The legal system more frequently favours those with the most money. If you can also prevent someone from making money in their largest market (i.e. prevent sales of their devices), your chances of forcing an out of court settlement grow even more. I’ve been following software & harder patent law cases for a while (kind of need to in my line of work) and that is what I have gleaned from the way the system works. You disagree, I get it, but I don’t think either of us can (& or should) prove that in this thread.

My sarcasm was about the idea that a part of the system (aka Department of Justice) would work in any way against other parts of the same system (Department of Energy, Department of Defence & Department of Homeland Security).

At worst it will end up like SpaceX injuction against ULA, which was dismissed in a handful of days (with, I presume, the original judge having been visited by “certain people” :evilgrin:).