Tips for successful team projects.......

I wish everyone read this before starting a thread here -_-.

this thread is a copy of charlesworth’s thread.

Sigh, I’ve already told you:

I don’t know how you can insist that I copy-pasted it, especially as it’s changed so much from when I first started it.

alrite then, i give up. I just had to post after i read that sticky AGAIN.

i did not say it was a copypaste but rather it could have been a modification.
anyway i said i gave up so no arguin on this matter anymore.

but serioously did you actually invent ALL of that yourself?

Can one invent common sense?

thnx for the tips brother,it really help me though :smiley:

Realy nice topic :yes:
want to know how mouch out there failed.

and how much of them matured.

Many, many failed.
Out of 2870 WIP threads, and 763 team threads, only 347 were ever finished.
That’s a success rate of less than 10%

Actually, that’s better than I thought. I’m pretty sure the actual figure is closer to 0.5-0.1% as a lot of people make and kill games that they tell no-one about.

I started thinking it would be easy, and it is only as easy as the game you choose.

the only limits you have are your own , however aiming too high means that it is going to take a long time, especially if you are developing the skills you need on the project you need them for.

With good coding…anything is possible. But test test test, what you think your going to use before you murder your main.blend with hacking it in. :smiley:

dang, that was quite of number. :rolleyes:

I remember when I first decide to active in this forum, imediately want to build such huge project. But then after following solarlune and monster for a while I decided to take a stroll in team project, I think it is best for my practice to volunter as helper. Watching people growth is the best practice in business, I think it is aplied here too.

Wrong thread.

1 Like

sorry I will not doing it again

Still, it’s “sober reminders” that are still worth re-reading from time to time, even though technology has advanced dramatically in the time since this thread was first started. I’m a professional software project manager and consultant, and I can attest to the difficulties of getting everyone marching together, singing from the same page in the hymn-book, and, above all, having realistic expectations (and, especially, budgets) upstairs in the executive suite. Even if you are doing something only for your own education, “it’s harder than it looks.” You need to know that going in, especially when there’s a team involved. (Many creatives really have no idea how to work together as a team.)

Good advice transferable to a shared live project, thank you.