Times of day

IES are files that replicate the light distribution of specific real-world spotlights.
Do a search on google for IES light profile, then get yourself a few files to try in Vray. You’ll never use any other spotlight again.

Sounds good, I’ll take a look at that. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:
How do I install the profile once I download it?

Tcrazy: In the page were you download the script, you can find some demo files, there is one called “cornellbox ies”, were you can check how is used. (this file includes one ies file)

Selecting the spot lamp, you go to phys, there in the option of the lamp you can load the ies file.

If you have, you can also use the ies files that comes with Indigo (i guess are the same). (right now their page is down)

Sorry, duplicated post

very very realistic. uh…ya, that’s pretty much it :smiley: good designs, good work :smiley:

alright sounds good.
I’ve looked at them and they work great…except for the soft shadows, there arent any?

Thank you for registering. The admin must approve your registration before you may begin to use your account, you will receive an email shortly advising you of the admins decisionThank you for registering. The admin must approve your registration before you may begin to use your account, you will receive an email shortly advising you of the admins decision.

Arbejdsborde Self Certificate Mortgage

welcome to forums.this is useful to post sites.

__________________________________________________________-
Arbejdsborde Self Certificate Mortgage

nice piece :slight_smile: , i wish i can see an explanation on the wiki , on creating scenes like this …

I second what 3DGURU stated. I thought this was breathtaking. (Although I thought the day time ones were quite better than the night time indoor ones which wasn’t as impressive)

But absolutely great work.

Fantastic! I also think taht the last one is teh best

Great interiors, I vote for the 7th

The lightning is really good. I can even feel that it is the morning sunshine in the first three. I am new to blender and I cann’t afford the tuition for 3d animation, but I still love to do it. Maybe a few years later I will be able to make something as good as these.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Grh, I don’t know what to say since everybody here has almost said what I was about to. hahaha! Yeah, I agree with basse, the last one sure kills! The blue and orange combo is awesome! You are really a genius with this types of rendering.

Though, yeah, I’ll agree AGAIN with another replier, with tcrazy this time. That was the first thing that I noticed too. The furniture seems to float which shouldn’t, since the texture of the carpet must somehow occupy some parts of the metal. :slight_smile:

-Reyn

You make me so jealous. I wish I could be even a quarter as great as you BbB!

I was wondering, why not make an animation of a full day cycle using this project? I know it would use a heck of a lot of CPU but once its done perhaps you could sell it as a desktop screensaver.

I know I would buy it, as sad as it sounds I am extremely interested in day/night cycles. To me it is so beatiful.

what do you say

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I’m trying to find out what happened with the floating furniture. Andrey has sent me a few points about GI settings that should help in the future.

No animation, I’m afraid, as long as the exporter does not support it. Perhaps in the next version.

An animation would be cool…but what are these GI settings that help, because I’m having a lot of the same problems?

BbB, really beautiful work.
If I may offer, the issue with “floating” objects is something I see a lot of using Lightscape. I don’t know how the Vrya works as far as breaking down to vertex lighting/analysis points, if even it does that, but the workaround is always to make sure there is a vertex point/mesh analysis points close enough to allow the renderer to “know” that there needs to be a shadow around where the two items touch.Essentially it needs the information to compute a sgadow gradeint; knowing that the point directlt under the chair leg is completely without light and another close to that has light; in then needs enough points in between to create a gradient.
Thus in your pic; because there is no mesh point direcvtly under the leg it cannot know that there shouldn’t be light here so it just fills in the whole face with the light energy from points either side, rather than making a gradient chage.
Hope this makes some kind of sense

I just love this kind of blend. This one really looks life like and you nailed the lighting. Goiod idea making the whole scene, may take longer but definitly is better so you can show us multiple outstanding blends… Nice piece

that´s not true, c´mon, the first one is a photo.
looking for vray