Times of day

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks to the admins for the great plug!

Andrey: That’s right. Vray’s so fast that I always forgot to put portals in the windows…

This is just amazing work. I’d love the chance to use Vray. I’ve heard and seen so many good things about it. Great, great work.

Look at that!
mastering Vray!
yes must be in gallery.

Thanks a lot guys.
Here are a few close-ups.
Can’t get Vray DOF to work with the current script so this is good ol PShop DOF.
B

Attachments

Absolutely Perfect Renders BbB! :yes: Not much else can be said. Looking foward to seeing more!

-Kevin

Congratulations,
Your image is on the banner

I really like those new images. Two things though, the blue chair texture seems like its a little too displaced…maybe tone it down a bit? (that must kill your computer) And the DoF on the plant images is way too much if your not going to blur the foreground as well. I think you nailed the lighting and DoF in the chair one. just curious, how many polies do you have there? One thing is kinda odd though, they made your image the banner but didnt move this to the gallery? LOL, guess they thought you had to much there all ready.

Regards,
Tim

great stuff BbB!!
Vray is truly above the rest …

Thanks guys. Yes, the banner is a really nice gesture. I thought these might end in the gallery if I was lucky, but the banner! Wow! Very flattered.

Tcrazy: You may be right about DOF. The Lamino chair, however, does have a very furry seat. Check it out on the Swedese website. Luckily, Vray displacement has extremely little impact on render times except if you have very large portions of the image displaced (in which case it almost freezes to a halt). As for polys. The entire scene is about 1.5m polys, but not all the elements are present at render time. I have them spread around about 12 layers and I only activate the elements I need in the image (and in the reflections) when rendering a specific view.

So basically the main Blender contribution to this work is a few prisms to make the walls, ceiling and floor, isn’t it?

Alvaro: What makes you think that?

Awesome. When I look at these, to offer advice, I ask, what did I notice, what stuck out or struck my eye right away, because usually it is some (in this case very small) thing that is off. So, small crit, orange tree- that big of an orange on a limb that far out would bend the limb way down. It would also need a bigger pot, and its leaves are too perfectly green.

Could we maybe see some screens of your lighting setup and settings for the sky/sun and GI?

Amazing. Very well done. The only way I can tell it’s not real is there is no dirt. lol.

Do you know any tutorials on interior lighting, modeling, rendering, ect.? Preferebly by you?

tcrazy: Yes, I’ll upload the screengrabs tonight.

Jennifer: Thanks a lot. Very kind!

YellowLambo: Not be me no :wink: But feel free to ask.

Hi Tc, here are the grabs.

Attachments

Very nice. I do like the last one best even though (because?) it is the most unrealistic. I now have a new desktop wallpaper!

Thanks, one other thing though…what AA filter did you use?

Thanks Crunchy. Glad you like it.

Tcrazy: I use no AA filter and render at about twice the resolution you see here. This eliminates most (though not all) of the aliasing.