They actually saved the world:

The moderators can’t read every thread on the site. If there’s a thread that you feel needs moderation, please use the the Report Post feature (it’s the link at the bottom left of every post; it has an icon of triangle with an exclamation mark in it).

That said, discussions of politics are indeed a violation of our Forum Rules. Please do not engage in such discussions here. There are other forums on the internet for that. I’ll not lock the thread just yet, but consider this a warning. Continued discussion of politics will result in closing this thread.

A house where all is discussed, but not what is not allow. They did discuss this here maybe, and then got considered for a warning.

Attachments

Kbot 2.0; the daily postcount raising is now a multimedia event (note, I did notice his new style of posts for a while now).

You don’t happen to still nod in agreement to every possible side even if they contradict do you?

While I’m sure such an ideology plays a big role in many cases there are other possible explanations. Forgive me if I’m mistaken, but I believe the following to be not at all a discussion about politics, but about psychology.

Let’s delve into the statement by boiling it down to it’s root elements. “I do not like hearing about politics therefore the other seven billion people on the planet must be forcibly prevented from discussing politics in my presence.”

When you look at the statement in it’s true essence you can really see how it actually sounds a lot like something a tyrannical dictator might say, a king, a queen, someone who believes that the world revolves around them.

This is really quite common in the area of the world where I reside and I believe I have an explanation for such behavior. In this area there is a common saying among businesses, “The customer is always right.” As far as a business is concerned they will do absolutely anything to keep a customer. This generally entails bowing to their every desire.

As children grow up in such a world it is common place, throughout their childhood, to see their parents take advantage of this. In what I might call a “fast food society” it is virtually everywhere that people hand other’s a few bucks, act like complete jerks and have their every whim catered to.

Children see their parents yell at and belittle customer service agents and get rewarded for this abhorrent behavior with a discount or even a freebie. The child grows up believing that they need only whine like a child to get what they want. The child grows up not at all caring about the emotions, feelings or well being of others. The child grows up believing that his or her desires are all that matters and other people exist only to serve them.

The “fast food society” teaches objectification.

Edit:
Case in point, anyone remember the recording of a call to emergency responders where some lady wanted the police to force a fast food restaurant to serve her a South Western Bacon Cheeseburger even though they were no longer selling that product. The woman believed that the restaurant owed her what she demanded and upon being refused she tried to have law enforcement physically force the restaurant to cater to her desires.