The Ticketeer

im a bit confused on the link it almost looks like Kent Trammell modeled it??? or is this your AKA

perfect, I love it bro

I really love this work it makes me think there is a Team Fortress style going on and I love the plot of the story ! :smiley:

Excellent model!

Since that company seems to make stuff for kids, the cigar might be the reason why this model didn’t place n°1… Because other than that, it’s clearly better than anything on there…

You were robbed! Okay, the transforming chess set was way cool. But the paratrooper (war toy? Really?) was totally boring compared to your ticketeer, and the thumb wrestling ring is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. The lock…mm, no. Not sure how the jumpers jump, seems unlikely…
So I’m giving you second place in the hanging chad recount. Congrats!

Edit: Cigar or pen cap?

You’re probably right… That looks more like a pen cap, now that you mention it!

Wow. Simply love the style of the character. The helmet, the cigar, the pose…perfect! 10/10

haha sooo cool! :slight_smile:

@michalis, CurtYoung, bonrw1, ng-material, OrAngE, Regus-Ttef, BTolputt: Thanks guys! Very encouraging comments.

@joseperez: You’re welcome - I think Jonathan has an extensive printing course in the works. He’s been doing a lot of it lately.

@agoose77: It kinda was one of the coolest parts of the project!

@rombout: Yessir that’s me - TheLuthier is a common alias.

@Nunud: Indeed it’s supposed to be the cap to his pen…didn’t quite read immediately, huh :confused:

@DruBan: Yes, the transforming chess set is brilliant! It was also brilliant back in 2012 when he won a makerbot contest with the same design lol. Ah well, I clearly didn’t know what the judges were looking for. I should have at least tried to made the limbs moveable or something. Thanks for the honorary second place! :smiley:

@3sle 3wiel, ptaszek: Thank you!

Okay, my rules don’t allow reentry of models that have won any previous contest. So you are now in first place!

Yeah the pen cap is one detail too many! He probably would use a click ball point anyway, so you could lose that detail.

But the great thing is this toy would have a personality, and not one of the others did. Very disappointing - did no one watch Toy Story?

Great character! :slight_smile:

The winning entries are way lamer compared to yours, dude. Out of the top 4, the paratrooper gets my pick for 1st place but it still doesn’t have as much personality as “The Ticketeer” here.

Yeah I thought the same but after a while of thinking, “The Ticketeer” doesnt look too fun at the eyes of a child (and everything they chose is like -8y old, except for the chess thing that…Oh well…) He has a pen and a tablet to write. Not a gun. That pretty much explains the decision over here for me :P.

Anyway, great character. Im sure I would like to have it over my desk here with the rest of toys im gathering ahah

Awesome, Kent =)

What do you mean by “simulation in Blender”? Does it have some CAD plugin I don’t know about to test physical properties and stability? I’m a 3D printing artist myself and I must say you have done a great job here both on the design and the print. Well done. :slight_smile:

The bullet rigid body implementation in Blender allows us to run realistic simulations. I wouldn’t know how to confirm whether or not the test was 100% accurate but it was good enough for me: Simple plane as the ‘ground’ collider, set my print object as the active rigid body and press play. The fact that the print stands on it’s own pretty easily is enough for me to trust Blender’s simulation results from now on.

Here’s a couple video suggestions for learning more:

Thanks for the positive feedback!

This absolutely looks real! Great work on this, great lighting, great everything! Kudos!