The Island [Survival Game] - new updates

Yeah really awesome! Since I´m creating all the logic with the logic bricks right now, it might be hard for anyone else to understand my logic :D. But I´ll maybe have to switch to programming soon. What I thought of would be cool, having some kind of minecraft like building system with logs and sticks. So you can freely create complete buildings stick by stick, kind of how I did the fire. I´ll tell you if I have something specific for you to code. Maybe the wind animations of grass and trees could be something you could do. Something that performes well with lots of animated objects. Like in unity, where you can have heaps of grass blowing in the wind, without breaking the performance.
I know BGE isn´t very optimised for that, but maybe you could find a way. Also there will be LOD, so this would only count for objects near the player.

Did you make the fireplace without script???:o:O:O:O:O:O

No, I made it with a really small script, that just places a cube at your mouse cursor in 3d space. That´s all I needed, the rest is logic bricks.

Well, is it like hitPosition code? Anyway, if you need some help, I can try to help…

Yep, as stated, I mainly need help with modeling and texturing items, cause I don´t want to spend too long creating them and implement them.

For now I need:
-Speer (sharpened stick)
-Stick in general
-Better Fire model (out of 7 sticks)
-some kind of Filet meat, that you´ll get from a rabbit and can cook (this one ASAP cause I´m gonna implement that soon)

More stuff soon.
If anyone modeled something just post the blend in this group.
I will then combine all models into an “item” blend so everone can build the new items on the existing ones.

Yeah, I might try to model something, just tell how high oply. But remember so I also have to make my own games:D

Yes of course, everyone is free to help me, but you can also work on your own projects. As lowpoly as possible, but still good looking. There will be LOD later, so just try it out. Mainly try to add detail via texturing though.

Hey, my pc crashed yesterday so i couldnt work with blender but tomorow i could try to medel some assets for you. If i had created a model how could i send it to you? by the way i have about 40-50 fps in the underwater scene and my imac is very old :slight_smile:

The underwater scene runs well for me. A steady 20-25 frames in the in-editor player. It won’t load the textures for the standalone player though.

I get these strange artifacts on the screen, when I’m close to the ground:

What sort of time period/setting are you planning for this? Are you aiming for a real-world setting, or a fantasy world? I could be into contributing models/textures, although animals & nature are not really my strong point at all :stuck_out_tongue:

@Liokon: if you modeled (and textured, but maybe sb else can do that) something, send an image of the model in this thread and attach the blend file in your post. If this doesn’t work try uploading to dropbox.

@PBR: that’s nice, so how would you do it with a shader? :smiley:
Also what would be epic would be a system with a text that all the time has the name of the object your looking at. (Or maybe a property of that object). Something that says "stone " if you look at one.

Nines: I thought of a real world setting, though medieval or futuristic would be interesting too. Looking forward to seeing something from you :slight_smile:

Hey man, Brendan here from the facebook page, would like to help you with your project :smiley:

@Blendan: Very cool, just check the previous posts to find something you want to do. Looking forward to some awesome content for the game.

SCREENIE TIME:

Crafting a bed, still needs fur to sleep on though.
Also:
Fire burns down after time, can add sticks to keep fire alive.
Working on adding stones to fire to create a campfire.

@Nines: Also I don´t know why you´re getting so high on the logic.
As you can see here I only get up to 6%

Come to think of it, I have a friend who has a rabbit. From what I understand, he plans on slaughtering it at some point for food.

Maybe a little grim, but I could try to get some photos of the result, for textures or reference for the rabbit carcass. Can’t get much more authentic than that.

Haha that sounds horrible :D. But should be good reference. Finding textures for the meat is very hard, would be awesome if you could get some photos. We can give the rabbit a higher purpose then :smiley:

Maybe, someday, I can get chicken or goat photod for you, also:D If you need, also seperated sub-products:D

By the way, could you give me a copy of your inventory script? Best way, all the inventory scripts and logic in one .blend. I really need limited-size inventory with GUI for my own game…

Hey i modelled an axt (about 150 faces… is that to much? i also could make the stone smoother but i dont know how lowpoly do you want your models) but when i tried to unwrap it there a problem with the string :confused:

Has anyone tips how to unwrap this string? Are there things you dont like?

Is the stone to big?