The Ice on Winter Evening

Great work on the shaders, light and colors. Beautiful.

the materials and lighting on this are amazing!

wow. That’s amazing. That shader looks awesome! and it must have taken a billion samples to get such a complicated looking refractive material to look so perfect, especially with light seemigly coming from the inside.

Wow! Very impressive. Love the colors.

That Ice… :spin: Beau-beau-beautiful…!

Great use of color! Contrasting color schemes with the red and blue hues create a very aesthetic render! Love it!

Inspirational work, love it, looking forward to the lighting book, good luck with that you deserve to do well!

:o 5* Congrats!

Brilliant piece of art.
But I have one question: Is it just me or did you actually create a womans face into that ice?
And if so, why does she look sad?
If you cant see it, the edge in the front is the nose and she is resting on her right cheek.

Wow… what else can I say

This masterpiece is pure magic! The colors, the ice material, the lighting! Absolute eye candy!

Magnificent.

Incredible work on the shader! And amazing job in making a piece of ice look artisticaly interesting. Just amazing.

Wow, everybody, thank you so much! I’ve just noticed your super encouraging comments, and it made my evening. :slight_smile: By the way, here is a complete tutorial with video: http://www.creativeshrimp.com/create-realistic-ice-lighting-book-02.html

Sorry but this is not ice for me, refraction is wrong, this is loook like stone maybe but not ice or snow. This work need improvements -shaders are wrong.
It’s not need any work of an artist doing tutorials to be on the front page, if i follow this tutorial etc. i will make wrong materials… right

This is amazing. It’s so beautiful it makes me wish back the winter again!

Awesome!!!

I feel the chill. You rock!

Wow, you inspire people! Thanks for tutorials - very helpful.

spellbound :eek: