The Grass Essentials Pack from Blender Guru

Andrew has obviously spent a lot of time studying Internet Marketing, and i’m pretty sure he tells us himself fairly often in his podcasts.

The difference between Andrew and your average IM’er that can throw any old splash page together is that he has the quality product to back it up. I think now his reputation has grown he can probably drop the over the top IM stuff without too much of a hit, but that’s for him to decide I guess.

This right here.
I can get great results with little effort, rather than spending forever on nodes and particles, I can focus on the objects within my scene knowing that when I add in the essentials, they will “just work”. If you are a professional with the expertise to do this yourself and then charge a client for it, fair enough, but again, if it takes you X hours at X pounds per hour, which ends up being cheaper?

If you don’t agree with the marketing or pricing, don’t buy it, that’s your choice, but personally, I think it worth the money.

I have been looking forward to the Grass Essentials Pack for so long, ever since Andrew was teasing about it.

Its a shame I don’t get paid till next week, so I missed the Feb 3rd deadline.

Just purchase the Grass essential pack.Which technique to use to make the grass animated?
Thanks

Bit sad not to have bought it at $57 + VAT, but very happy not to buy it at $84 + VAT :smiley:
(joking, bravo Andrew, nice product)

Just download the 1.1 update and watch “#5 How to animate the grass (with Rob Garlington).mp4”. With this new version, making animated grass is absurdly simple.

Cheers,

Is it possible to post the link to the update and video pls. Thanks

You get to the link from your account page at Blenderguru.com. If it doesn’t show up there then send them an email with a copy of your receipt and they’ll add the links for you.

Does enyone having problem with textures. I’ve never modified blends from grass essentials and now there are no textures at all, even in image editor I can see name, but image doesn’t show. Any idea?

can we have a 50% weekend off ? :smiley: I want to buy grass essentials, but have no use for it at the moment.
but still. I want to own it, know it’s there … and a weekend sale would for sure push me over to buy it. just so you know andrew.

some comments here reminded me of this movie, its in dutch but you probably laugh too in the end, if your not dutch.
Its all about the fantastic emergendizer, see that it can resist any attempt to break it, it a great tool can be used in magnetron etc.

Hello, to whoever is here… I’m rather a “newbie” at Blender, and recently purchased the “Grass Essentials” pack, from blenderguru.com
and the VIDEOS look fine–except Andrew ALWAYS skates past critical details, leaving the viewer (me!) sort of stranded in his wake…like a waterskier who’s tow-rope broke!

Simple question----WHERE precisely do I install the Grass Pack (ver.1.1) so that blender 2.76 installed on my C:\ drive???
—I’m assuming that relative path would also work on my external RAID (Drobo… nice and stable!), as space is getting very tight on my C:\ drive…

I just need a “roadmap” of sorts, to make a correct installation of the Grass Pack “idiot proof”—I dunno… I must be an idiot"? ;0)

Thanks! I’m “themacguy” (now on PC actually, for the past year and a half!)
however I used this handle for the past 20 years or so… Hard to change it to something else!)

Please reply directly to my email: [email protected] Again, T.I.A. :0)

The Grass pack is not as well integrated as pro lightning skies yet. Andrew said he will be updating it with new seeds and new features. But at the moment, it seems he just abandoned he’s customers. So you have to use the very old linking/appending system of blender to use it. For more infos, go to he’s support platform and see if the support is good or not.

Let me get this straight, you asking him to see if the support is good or not (i.e. you don’t actually know) but you’re going to accuse him of abandoning his customers? Seriously?

This Anti-Price thing is getting out of hand. Mods?

I’ve used it in my projects and it works pretty well. There are some simple tutorial videos he provides with the product to get you started. Even so you are going to need to play around with it for a while to get used to how it works. It’s not difficult to get started with. I’m no CG/blender wiz-kid and was able to get going pretty quickly.

As for the support of the product: I sent an email inquiry early on with a question that was never responded to. I did not spend any time on his forums though. There may be more help there.

I have no regrets about the purchase I think it was a good deal. (I purchased during the introductory sale).

Anti Price ??? What is that? I asked many times in to the support to give the grass essential a better integration just like Pro lightning skies. For the promise to have regularly new types of Grass as free updates, Andrew did it, not me. I told themacguy what to do, but I’m not a support person paid by Andrew, so I told him to go to the support site for more details. What’s the problem? I had no luck, if he has more it’s nice. Why do you feel the need to correct everyone and use overreacting terms ? Are you so frustrated of your own life to spend so much time trying to make other better? Please start with yourself and stop your anti-andrew conspiracy theory. I’m a customer, I’m allowed to say about my experience with the blenderguru support. Fact is, there was a small 1.1 update and since months nothing new and you can see I’m not the only one complaining about the support.
Regards

My apologies. When you stated “it seems he just abandoned his customers”, especially after recent threads here slamming Price personally and his business, that comes across to me as “overreacting terms” on your part. And that’s not conspiracy theory, I can link you to the personal & professional attacks if you like.

If my post happened to hit your buttons, perhaps you’ll understand why yours might hit the buttons of others.