The Foundation presents; The 18 top anticipated Blender projects of 2015

But don’t you think that it could be great to have it simply to continue to draw strokes with new grease ?
Now, we can select grease pencil end of stroke.

About dyntopo / ptex / retopology / autotopology
If I recall correctly, the 3dcoat devs were facing some issues on ptex+tri meshes.
I’m not sure how ptex can work on a mesh with a few tris among quads.
Keep in mind, the zbrush - auto topology produces some tris among quads.
To have a decent only quads auto topology isn’t the easier to do. The autopo in 3dcoat creates some n gons, for example.
(there was some further development in 3dcoat tools, so they may fixed it)
BTW retopology addon goes very well, an excellent toolset if I may, but that’s another story.

Great news! Makes me wonder though, why isn’t anyone doing anything about
the outliner, which is one of the clunkiest parts in Blender, lacks the most basic of functionalities,
and lags far behind its alternatives in virtually any 3D application.

The outliner is deeply connected to the depsgraph, if I recall correctly. After depsgraph fixes are in place we can start to worry about updating outliner functionality.

For me it would be sufficient to be able to fix the position of a linked asset without having to delete the remaining empty and re-link the thing.

The cursed dependency graph rears it’s ugly head once again! :slight_smile:

Tremendous respect for Ton and the talented developers involved - thank you guys so much!

Personally really excited about Alembic (a bit scared of “likely to happen: 90%”), it would enable multi-app data transfer and workflow without limits. Everything else is just as amazing. Blender is becoming the ultimate 3d applications - no doubt about that.

Not to scare you more, but also note the “for Blender caching” caveat after the 90% estimate.

Implementing Alembic “just for Blender” makes sense though for it’s initial implementation. And should make it easier for any other interested developers to expand upon it as a tool for I/O. The important thing first off is getting Alembic into Blender and using it as the standard method of caching for all systems, all the way to rendering in Cycles. If those things aren’t there, then Alembic I/O is pretty limited in it’s usefulness anyway.

Any news on Instancing?

Do you like play games?If you like play and need coins ,you can contract us FIFA 15 Coins or Archeage Gold and Runescape Gold

It means a lot to us that Ton took time to write the post. I am excited to read the various development projects. But I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed that Game Engine is not high priority; no developer was assigned to work on it yet. I hope the status changed to more favorable very soon.