The day our creators abandoned us

really cool scene here :smiley:

Wow, thanks for the feature and all your comments :slight_smile:

@Paint Guy Yes, in the end, I sculpted it. I tried with soft body physics but that didn’t really work out.

@for_the_kingdom the note says: “Had to stop the experiment! Reduced some of them back to basic shape for analysis. Killed the rest. And we thought dinosaurs were too much for this planet…”

@quollism Yeah I know storytelling’s not perfect here :smiley: I really gave it a lot of thought but couldn’t figure out a way to put all of the story in just this one moment without putting a whole lot of stuff in there, so I “enhanced” it with the title of the thread and that little description in the opening post. Thanks for the critizism!

Also I’d like to share something with you that I had a hard time getting right: rim lighting. I don’t know if it was a specific problem in my scene or if that’s generally the case. When I used meshlights/planes for lighting it didn’t look crisp enough and when I used spotlamps I started to get lots of fireflies. So I came up with a little workaround:

I gave the whole scene just one material:

Then it looked like this: (took out some objects because they would just appear white because of the view angle)

I took it over to gimp and made a screen/add layer and erased/darkened the parts I didn’t like. Dirty but effective :smiley: and the outline shader just took about 5 minutes to render.
Maybe it’s usefull to some of you :slight_smile:

Greets

Hi Chris_B I think about creating a 2.5 D Blender Game, in which Aliens with the Power to over taking the Human Brains, comes to our Planet: I wish to design these extra terrestical People like your Humans, just small enough to pass the Humans Mouth, because on that Way, they get access to our Brain :stuck_out_tongue: You see my Story is in the same Area of Crazyness :wink: There are of course the good and the evil one and you can choose, which one u wish to controll. There is a Overworld, which tells the Story, walk around, choose the Missons and the centric strategy Mode of the Game, which will be designed like Advance Wars, FF Tactics and the upcoming Battle Worlds KRONOS: Roundbased Strategy
So i wish to rewrite the Plate >Human< in this Picture with a specific Alien-Name and tell a Story around that Picture about a good Alien, which gets grapped by the bad one: I will use it for the Mission Loading Screen, when i am allowed by you and use the B&W one, that smoothly turns into the colored one ^^

Best Wishes: Matthias Schuster Scharmer Shalom

May it helps ?

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/20943

Cheers

Alain

Amazing! i love it :smiley:

That rim light trick looks interesting… May come in useful. Cheers for sharing.

Great work however I think that composition is a bit odd. Despite nice shaders and models I have no idea what is going on here. Moreover I believe you could improve the scene and perhaps story at the same time by a better lights setup, now foreground melts with a background that could and probably - should be in a slightly different tint.

Still it’s an interesting project, definitely above BA average :slight_smile:

@MatthiasShalom Sure, feel free to use it :slight_smile: good luck with your game!

@mookie3d I’m still learning, one year in Blender probably isn’t enough to get everything right. Anyway thanks for your critizism :slight_smile: I’ll try to take it into account on my next project.

greets

aww poor guy. that is a great image

Truly amazing work. The most important is that you have a story telling. I also had kind of the same idea but with plants. Good job anyway. You are participating to the Blender guru competition right? because for me, I think you won already. :slight_smile: Best entry so far.

Anyway, you said everything is happening in the ocean. I dont think is that clear. I though its like a alien space ship judging by the flying chair and stuff.