The Baron's Hangar

Render Time: ~6 hours
On what hardware? gpu or cpu?

GPU render. nVidia GeForce 560 TI 2 GB GDDR5

Nice Star Wars fan art man. I like those futuristic artworks.

ah beautiful!

Makes me think of the astroport of Mos Eisley… it’s the main inspiration, am I right??

I really like the lighting and general atmosphere of this. Good work!

Niiiiice fighter design! I like how you dropped the old freighter in the background. =) Some of the background buildings look almost like a clay render, as if they have no materials on them. Not sure if this was intentional, but it shouldn’t have been. =D Nevertheless an awesome render! Keep them coming!

excellent work.

Congrats, looks awesome, your work is always inspiring :wink:

I totally dig the spaceship(?) in the upper background.

nice!

inspiration?

Beautiful! As others have pointed out, looks like the style of Ralph McQuarrie and other 1970’s concept art painters. (As a coincidence I spent my lunch explaining to a colleague whay I like the look of the upcoming game “No Mans Sky” for the same reason).

Just a humble question. Is the backdrop rendered as a part of the scene or is it added in post production? If it is part of the scene, how did you get the atmospheric effect? Post processing or volumetric material?

Beautiful ship designs and great composition!

Nice Render! :smiley:

I really like the Mountains in the Background, they really make it feel more secluded and hidden to me.

I love the Materials too… :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. Great work, love the back story too. A shame about the fall from the ladder. Typical.

Love the detail.

Very impressive.

those fighters look very much like the mig 15 (or mig 17 or mig 19, all three types were similar in shape, getting faster and longer as they progressed). very cool render.

Wow, great work.

I just find the man walking right on the picture looks like he has no arms, and a bit to black.

When I saw this, it reminded me a port at Mos eisley from Star Wars. Great job. Need to watch it again…