Tactical Watch

This is awesome! The watch is just so super realistic.
Currently I’m in the middle of modelling my watch too, but I’m a bit puzzled on how to give a decent lighting to my model.
Can You please share me your lighting studio setup? It will be great for my reference.

The main principle was having the background completely black, and then having bright blue lights on the upper left, and having some contrasting red lights opposite. I may have time later today to add some more info and maybe an image or two.

I really love the watch, but the circular “rivets” on the top of the watch feel out of place to me. They seem unnecessary and awkward. Just my two cents.

Yeah, the last row might be unneeded. I had designed it so that you could remove the glass cover, and then you could remove the face and get at the workings inside. I probably didn’t need that.

…this was 3d modeled in Blender. Mind Blown!

Thank you, messages like that are what helps keep me motivated.

It will be available on BlendSwap at this link eventually: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/81212

I’ve never seen this thread before. Well done NID! It’s a very nice model.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

It’s amazing, very aesthetically pleasing. One thing you could do is subsurf some parts as you can see the polygonization.

How is this not 5 stars yet?

it’s slick really good.

@Thetax I don’t know that it is quite that good :slight_smile:

@fdfxd Thank you

I think you should try with a hdr image at least for reflections.

I tried using an HDR, but this is a product render, and the other method was not “dramatic” enough. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Can you post that render? I think metal materials often look better with something to reflect. As of now you don’t see much of reflection in the glass either