SVG output script

@^Wow. Very nice! hope it can be ported to 2.6 but I will need to try this in 2.49… Maybe you are right. Maybe just use this method for exporting curves in Lieros script…

EDIT: Looks quite simple… I have no time now but should not be hard to port…

Yes, your’re right Ejnaren, for an architect, it’s an ENORMOUS tool!!!
Best Thanks to Liero!

WOW great ! I don’t need Freestyle, I need THIS ! :slight_smile:

Thank you !

Kind regards
Alain

Is there a way occlude hidden faces ?

Example:

Kind regards
Alain

Change Opacity = 100%

thanks this is a great and much needed tool Liero!

Awesome!!! Very impressive!!!

Pure awesomness!.Thank you liero for this great script

Hey,

I use blender for architectural stuff also! I was wondering, is there a way to make the svg export recognise the camera limits? this would mean theres a tool like the sketchup section slice i think… :slight_smile:

ninehunred

Nice work, works just like it says on the tin !

Cant you use the bisection tool to make geometry and svg’ify that?

Hi ejnaren,

thanks for your reply. youre right, i could do that. but for two reasons id rather not. first one is that the architectural models I make are made of many different components that id have to join (i think) and secondly and more importantly; the beauty of sketchups slice cutter is that you can see where your slice is going to get the most beautiful section cut. what this does it keeps components to themselfs so when it comes to editing the line weights outside blender you can select the concrete (for example) and make it a thicker line weight than the glass (for example). :slight_smile:

Yeag I see your point.
In general I would really love for Blender to have a more interactive way of doing sections for drawing output. Something like a “plane-section modefier” could be awesome.

yeah totally agree. though with all blenders new advances im pretty sure itll be coming soon. more and more people seem to be using it for architecture. a few of my classmates/ friends are even slowly moving this way :slight_smile:

You can use Camera clipping start value for straight cut and/or Clipping Border (Alt+B) with OpenGL render active viewport.

Great, wonderful script! Thank you very much Liero and Atom!!!.

hey,
if anyones interested in what ive done with this as an architectural student here ya go

@@JuhaW
are you able to show me how you did that with a few pictures? im not really getting it…

It was about camera clipping for straight cut.

Pic 1, no camera clipping
Pic 2, camera clipping from 5 to 7 meters

Attachments

ah right. yeah i thought i was doing that but it didnt seem to be working as id expected. if it doesnt work again ill post a picture up. its pretty hard to notice if you dont know the building like i do but as its going in my folio its quite important. a quick question while im here…
i have many objects in the scene (floor plane, floor structure, rooms (its a very odd building!)). The camera clipping seems to work in blenders viewport but when i export it to svg it doesnt seem to export the roof as being sectioned.
also also. and this may be me ranting on a bit. but would it be possible to get a tutoral up of how to assign the different colours to different lines. This would make it sooooooo much easier to find and select the section lines within my very very complex section to make them thicker (as you do)

Anyway. thanks again for your help :slight_smile: