Survival Game WIP - Modeling - Rigging - and more!

Again, all great. But, no monsters? Not even a little rabid squirrel?

havent gotten to the monsters yet, but wildlings like squirrels rabbits and field mice will be food :slight_smile:

mainly i would like to focus on the modeling of the pre props before having to go into the programming and animating of all the enemies

heres your squirrel being modeled at the moment

20 minutes to model

20 minutes, what’s that, you wanna make a race? Take this!

3 days. I don’t show you the textured version 'cause it looks like I puked on it.

xD good luck

Half hour to texture

new tree, big cedar with lod sprite on the right

Dude, your game is going to turn out good! And once you start making more games, you’ll be a blender prodigy!

sorry for not posting in a while guys, ill be back after new years to post some more, gotta hit the party scene while im still only 21

Always love a survival game :smiley: Do you have details on what your going to (or would like) to do as far as gameplay mechanics are concerned?

Good luck!

I think a little less of normal map on the axe would do it some justice. For the record squirrels are animals not monsters. Just look at this little monster

Anyways, great work and keep it up!

i think tomb raider mixed with metal gear solid snake eater would be a nice feel, but with better physics and animations.

oh trust me, i dont intend to hurt the critters, i just like having the realism of having them in the game or a cutscene…

I think what he meant is that your model (no offence intended), looked like a monster rather than a squirrel.

Proportionally speaking it looks more like a dog with a very large tail, so to fix it (just going from the reference image) I would reduce the size of the legs, especially the front legs, and also push the ears down a little so that the tops are just higher than the head itself. Additionally you might want to change the shape of the eye and also move that closer to the mouth.

Nice progress so far, hopefully this critique is useful.

pretty sure he was talking about pgi’s post about not even a little rabid squirrel, but yes i can see what you mean when looking at the reference image he posted, but im pretty sure his is a chipmunk while i simply used this as a blueprint to make the squirrel model>

Quick foliage model

this would be the region you play in without any props like trees, bushes, grass. but done layering the textures and am now placing foliage.

Yes, I was referring to PGI’s post. About the grass, yours look great, but I’ve tried a technique that in my opinion looks even better and is achieveable in blender. The tutorial is about 3ds max, but the basics are the same. 3d modeling grass and rendering it with an alpha channel. Also you can make whole ground textures using the same models and later making them seamless in photoshop. Here is the link to the tutorial in youtube.