Starting a game project? Read this first!

yes you can do shadows in game use buffer spot lights with glsl.

Just in case there are NOOBs, don’t go harsh on them. Who nkows, they might finish the game. When noobs make a game, they learn. They might become one of the best blender artists. If you criticize them, they may forget about blender and this website.

1 Like

BNICE2NOOBS!!!

Heh heh …

umm, no.
some noobs do finish the game, but theres of course the ones who never finishes the projects…

see? I did say that

Good point made Charlesworth. It’s true there are a lot of noobs who wouldn’t have a clue but that means they should be given one. I tend to agree with Hitechboy on that just give them a direction and who knows how fast (or how slow), they’l go in it. But we shouldn’t seem ofputting to them, as its not their fault they just dont have experience. I’m relatively a noob to a lot of you myself, but i have found it quite possible to make ever more complex games and eventually hope to get into the industry professionally. But most importantly, happy blending to all!

yes i agree, and am a complete newb, that’s why i will hold off on my project until probably next year. Its a good thing that i read this! so i will take some time to reform my skills, get into it, step by step. And when i finally get to that efficient point, then i will start making it.

I already have something in mind for a game in blender 2.49 yes I’m am a noobie but a well determined noobie. I will give some hints on it in a future thread. You know just to tell what the game is about and what I want to make happen.

P.S. I’ve just figured out what my characters will look like but I’ll be making pivots (stick firgures) to test the game engine with. and for all the overexcited noobies out there. I want all of you to start small in order to get to the big things you want to do in the game engine because greatness is found in those who make small things happen.

(And I didn’t get that off a fortune cookie) :smiley:

Hi Chartesworth999,
Thanks for the posting, It is really helpful to me.
Your post is very interesting and I teach something new over here. Nice information.
My heartiest thanks for sharing.

If anyone wants to see an amazing accomplishment of the Blender Game Engine, go here - http://www.eternal-lands.com/

heh, Micah, that isn’t the engine. They only use Blender for models.

Hmm… What engine did they use? It was quite successful…

lol, no way. They only did the 3D models with Blender… :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Oh, I didn’t see curlystaw’s post 0.o

Hmm… What engine did they use? It was quite successful…

They didn’t, it was made in C. And I think it was using SDL and OpenGL.

Just go to the FAQ, look around the website dude:
http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/faq.php

Hi
I have a good news which like to share with you guys.
I have developed a game site.There are very interesting game are available. Some game like Jocuri sport and the web site is http://monstergames.ro/. Just play once and enjoy the fun.

Thanks

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Hi everyone and thanks for the guidelines.

I can see, besides the ‘good’ skepticism, that there is some experience and common sense behind them.

Having said that, I have to admit that, I am afraid, I have joined for that precise reason.
Anyhow, I have enough years and experience to (at the least) present the project in a professional way, all the rest will be a blessing, as we say here.

Thanks for the fine forum and keep the good work.

Um, a technical question… What are plot concept and game script concept? As far as I understand, plot is a short summary of how the story develops, and script is a description of what actually happens on the stage (dialogues, actions, etc).
Does “concept” mean “an idea of something”? If so, what would be the difference between an idea of the game script and the actual plot? ^^""

The plot is the overall story, the script is how the story is being told. A script is a detailed description of the plot. By showing a concept of the plot or script you are showing a part of it, or an overall summary. Just to give us a basic idea what your game is about and how you decide to tell the plot.

Good luck with your game :slight_smile:

Thanks! That made it clear :slight_smile:

Yah, frankly I’m working on several games at the same time… But until I get more done on them I won’t bother you all about them :slight_smile:
And on top of that several short films… which aren’t getting anywhere in the next fifteen years unless I get WAY better at modeling. So I am working on settling on one game… :slight_smile: