SSimpossible - Sketchbook

Here’s yet another tree. I already uploaded the first part in a tree tutorial series (Link), but I’m looking at potentially redoing it since I’m still adding new techniques.

Wow, the scene with 55.000 trees is awsome. Can you share the idea how to do that? Thx.

Thanks! I just used a particle system to distribute the trees using particle hair settings for objects. I had to disable the system in the viewport, of course, but my video card seemed to handle it pretty well (GTX 780Ti). Haven’t tried it with the CPU yet, though.

Amazing trees!! I am a game designer and we are looking for some one who can make us some good trees and stuff for a 30° isometric view! We can’t pay as it is just a hobiest project but if you are interested just PM me or add me on skype(Zebrakiller69). Also, If it is okay with you I would like to use a few of these images as refrence images to show our current environment guy. Keep up the good work!

So I haven’t updated this in a while, but I’m still working on a few projects. Here’s a recent render I put together in an attempt to create a better glass shader than I had in the past.

Recently, I’ve been working with Blender and World Machine, hoping to produce more images like this:

You glass materials need some work here. Hope you don’t mind the critique. Have you tried connecting it to the volume node, I find it gives a more realistic glass material.

Mountain scene looks great. I’ve been looking at World Machine lately too, very nice program.

iamthwee, thanks for the critique! Currently I’m working on another project, but I’ll be sure to try the volume soon (I’ve seen a couple shaders utilizing that technique, and they do look pretty great).

Thanks, crazychristina! It is a very nice program; I recently purchased the standard license, and it was certainly worth it.

I’m planning on using the mountains that I posted a few posts back in a scene of a mountain observatory. I’ve started piecing together the observatory itself, and I’ll be moving on to the foreground land next before adding more details to the final image.