speed enviros

Not exactly an enviro, but my latest speed model. Maybe I should just start a sketchbook? Anywho!

30 mins. I’ll upload the blend if anyone is interested.

Based on this weird gif by Todd Luke

Man, this looks amazing…

Can we render light probes and all that and export something like this to Ue4 ?

(Bge once they get modern draw calls!)

black.hearts

A quick abstract render.

im glad I ran into this page. Your little exercises are very valuable because they apply the summoning of skill under pressure and a tight deadline, which is a great exercise for skill development. I might try this myself one day :yes:. Very nice renders btw.

Man. You gotta do tutorial. Please. You can teach so much things it’s unbelievable. I would love to see your video tutorial. Amazing images, and the fact that you can do them in few hours is just incredible. Did I mentioned that I want to see your tutorial?

There is always something I think, that awesome images like these needs at least week to do, and then a guy like you appear saying he makes them in few hours :slight_smile:

Actually I’m curious. Is the render time included for you to finish in a certain amount of time? or do you consider the modeling, texturing, and lighting finished and you render it later?

Great work! I’m pretty curious about your texturing workflow for speedy pieces like these. Do you unwrap everything? Do you use hand-painted textures or procedurals or blended box mapping and the like?

These look amazing and you do them so quickly, I must remeber to try these timed projects when I get a bit more familiar with blender /skills.
Hugo

I’m still amazingly slow with textures, :smiley: your amazing with them.

Have you tried rendering these out as OpenEXR panoramas and used them as HDRI’s?

It’s been a while since I did one of these. Back again. 1.5 hours this time. I listened to this track on loop to keep me motivated

Lunch time demon doodle. Scultped in zbrush, materials/render/comp in blender

Two more from the speed model series. I actually did the model 2 years ago! The render didnt turn out very good so I never posted it. I stumbled on it last night and revisited the render. maybe 2.5 hours total, I’d guess.