(Solved) Apc4Bpr, Community purchased computer.

Thank you, I will post updates…

I plan on repaying the community through both wrectified, and newb helping example files and videos etc. Of game object coding, logic and python.

Another 100$ donation
70.08%
250$ of 357$

Thank you kind people of google+ and blenderartists and facebook!

85% complete (Thanks Sis!)

Not much more to go.
Now I just need to see what my best option is, as I have a few choices…

Anyone have a suggestion for the budget?

I have been looking at refurbished computers with a one year warranty.

Anyone sugest a optimum machine for the price (357$US)

If you want to go for a custom build, have a look at http://pcpartpicker.com/user/klauser/saved/3Bdw as a starting point.

It’s a tiny bit over your budget (~$360), but it’s a decent build. For your budget, you’ll have to go for an AMD processor to get the most bang for your buck. The only thing I’m not sure about on that list is the GPU. I’ve only used nVidia cards, so I picked one of the cheaper GPU’s that looks fairly decent while keeping in your budget, but maybe you could get an AMD GPU. I just don’t know enough about AMD GPU’s to give any advice on them.

The one thing I didn’t include in the list is a cd drive, but you can pick these up for really cheap. Also, maybe think about a Ubuntu/Mint (linux) OS instead of windows. Much cheaper (free) and you might find you like it better.

I would personally go for a custom build over buying a refurbished pc, as you’ll know exactly what your getting and it’ll be brand new, without worrying if the refurbished parts are near the end of their life or not running at optimum performance, which you’ll want since it’s for game development and not just word processing/web browsing.

Klauser, that looks perfect, as I am not sure if I will buy amd for a while, as my last gpu that did not really hold up well, and I hear nothing but good.things about nvidia.

Do you know if that videocard has a hdmi out?

It looks like it does, that one has a asus gpu, geForce.

Is that middle.ofbthe road? That is what I am shooting for.

just remeber amd can’t use cycles if that of any importance to you

I would like to be able to use cycles, so I think Nvidia may be better.

But if All that I can afford is something that can handle the normalbgame engine stuff… That would be fine… I am actually pretty handy with blender internal.

Not with a cheap card though, because those won’t be any faster than high-end CPU (they might be slower actually).

I think the good numbers to look for in terms of GPU rendering is x60, x80, and x90 (x = the first number of the product model).

Also, the thing about being focused on buying used and/or refurbished PC’s, how do you know you’re not going to be back here with a fundraising campaign in a year or two when it fails, do note that you’re not using new parts that have plenty of life in them. I for example bought a Quad Core machine with brand new parts six years ago that not only continues to run, but it continues to be pretty snappy with Windows 8 (it’s now my father’s work computer).

So 57 dollars to my goal unless I raise it slightly. I think I will stick with the original goal of 357,

Thank you everyone!!!

Purchased a computer and video card for 302.00$$

Congratulations BPR, May the blend be with you.

And also with you!

Posting
on

new

pc

:smiley: