Simple Box UVW Map Modifier

+1

Great work on the script, very useful!

Regarding the ā€œVirtual Boxā€, perhaps the Texture Space would be a good starting point? (The dotted outline that comes up when you Shift+t, and its properties are visible in the Object Data section of the Properties Editor (and its display is toggled through the Object > Display section)).

The thing about it though: 1) I donā€™t /fully/ understand what it does. I see its effect on Texture Mappings, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s 100% the only thing it does. I bet so, though. 2) No way to rotate that I know of, outside of a bit of Addon work, though (at least, the values. Iā€™m not sure if you could make the box look rotated).

-rking

Since the old API has been changed, so Iā€™m trying to rewrite the script.
There is a problem due to lack of documentation

good to know, waiting for you :slight_smile:

Script was updated to v.0.45 to work with Blender 2.63 (BMesh)
Download link on first page was updated respectively.

thanks, i add to my builds (if Allah wishes).

Iā€™m getting this error with blender 2.63 and script 0.45.

^^ Yup same here

I think the issue is related to this trunk change:

http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=45856

Script was updated to v.0.5 to work with Blender 2.63 release (BMesh)

Thanks to all for bug-report :wink:

yay!..its working nicely.
Thanks.

This is absolutely brilliant for architecture. Thanks a million!

A great addition to this script would allow and empty to control the UV coords on multiple objects. This would allow a building to be split into several objects and the texture would map across all of them perfectly, all controlled by this one empty.

Man,

Simply im speechless thanks so much : ) perfect plugin.

Script updated to v.0.5.1
Improved Offset fields precision.
Added example video on first page of this topic.

Thanks for this script, soon Iā€™ll start texturing an house project so probably your work will save a lot of time!

hp9000,

this is for me one of the most useful scripts I came across so far. Thank you very much!

I gave a try to this addon with a non unwrapped model i made long time ago to see how it would work after watching the video and i was very surprised by how good this addon is, itā€™s an excellent addition to Blender.
Fantastic work and thank you for sharing it.

this script is so nice,
it should be included in blender along with the other addons.

make things so fast and easy.

itā€™s very a time saver addonā€¦

As 3dsmax user, I know that usually 3dsmax is like devil here, but from my POV if one or more tools in 3dsmax (or other 3d package) are usefull, I donā€™t see any reason to be unhappy to have it in blender.
For archviz is very important to have a fast tools for UV with some infos about dimensions.

A very big thank you for your ā€œportingā€

Very time saver addons.

Thank you very much for this ā€œportingā€.