Shapeways scammed me. Alternative 3D Printing Vendors?

I have been looking into alternative 3D Printing service providers with a big array of machines.

The foremost is definitely iMaterialize. Another prominent one is Sculpteo.com.

(lol. 3D printing and CG modeling promo videos always feature women most prominently. I think the white males who actually build things are terrified they’ll be called “sexist” if they dare show their faces.)

My bad then, but they did say in the email “[…]if you prefer a refund, we can arrange that for you as well.” So that is it resolved no?

So like I said, I then requested a refund. They didn’t respond. I requested it again, and they’d say they’d do it in “3 to 5 days”, which I’d never heard another company doing. Yesterday was the fifth day. They still hadn’t done it and were ignoring my e-mails. So, I made this post, sent it to them, and they instantly refunded the money, finally.

I believe I made a post linking to iMaterialize.com and www.sculpteo.com. I linked to the Sculpteo promo video. I also made a joke about how, as always, they used a female to represent the 3D printers and modelers, rather than the men who actually make these companies.

The purpose of this thread is to share links to reliable 3DP vendors, and humor and observations are good. Thanks!

Glad you got your refund. Just out of curiosity, what’s the name of the virus your model is supposed to be?

It’s HIV-1.

That’s quite amazing. I think your post has gone viral.

They were behaving unprofessionally and incompetently, so that was the point! (Although I think that “viral” is way too strong a word for this thread’s mere 600 views. The reason Shapeways saw it is most likely just because I actually sent them a link.)

david its a PUN! viral. get it ? :slight_smile:

Ha ha. Humor escapes me at times. Now I see.

It was more than just a ‘joke’. That’s why I deleted it.

How is it “more than a joke”? What does that mean? An obscure observation flatly pointed out = humor.

Nobody likes SJW busybodies. If you don’t like the joke, don’t reply. I don’t prance around crying for your posts to be censored, I just don’t care.