Series 1 4.2 Roadster

Flawless. Loving it!

Awesome work!

@@jefftml ,

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks so much Richard!!
It was a small nightmare replicate those spokes!!
I had to re-do them twice, because initially I had made the wrong model, the one with a smaller number of spokes.:no:
I place some render of the individual wheels with different colors combination.

Wonderful!! I look forward, to see walk-through of the lighting setups!! I’m sure I will learn something useful!! Where did you find that beautiful hdri environment??

Thanks! The environment map was found on Deviant Art, by a user called macsix. Here is the link: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Anvil-Spherical-HDRI-Panorama-Skybox-416317312

I consider it one of the best HDRI’s I’ve ever found online- it may not be very high res, but it sure contains the whole dynamic range of the scene! Even many of the HDR maps sold in online stores contain far fewer stops than they should, so the fact that it’s available for free is even better.

Hi Marco, thank you!! for the glass material I used a node learned from @@andrewprice (my mentor) tutorial. this one:

Incredible power!

superb rendering! like the colorsetting of the 1st image.

Hi signguy!! I had to use this extreme camera distortion to match the prospective of the backplates that I had, I can post some clay render with less wide angle if you want…maybe today I will place two or three clay render.

@@adriansnetlis Thank you all guys

Amazing!! really reminds me of that one scene in the film “in time” :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to see this car into the Gallery! It’s really nice project!

First one is definitely the one of the best cycles car renders i’ve ever seen! Congrats on top row

My jaw just hit the floor. I’ll have to go to the doctor’s to fix it again.

AMAZING! Beautiful render, the car paint, the glass, the lighting…

Were the bridge in pic 1 and the road in pic 2 created in blender, or were they a combo of HDRI and post processing?

So realistic…

Can someone please explain the intent of this shader in a few words to me? There is already a built in glass shader in Blender. Blender has fundamental defects like only three base colors and no polarization. The E-Type glass is not coated. Even then, we would need interference.

Hi Bob, thanks for yu advice!! I’ll try to improve more and more this model, and your photo references will be very useful!!
I decided not to add the chrome strip for a stylistic choice, i know that strip hide the junction of the tow pieces, but I like one continuous surface. Also the headlamp interior was a stylistic choice.
Anyway, thank you for all your suggestion, I’ll try to fix all this small errors…but, above all, you should send a reference photo for the smile while driving that wonder :wink:

@@IconW Thank you so much guys I really appreciate!!

Un.Believable. As much of a car guy I am, these old gems always blow me away.

So beautiful! Those photomatches are just spot on, the color grading and blending is perfect. PS your site is designed well, you did this yourself?