Second Life lead claims we'll live in something akin to the Matrix

I’m sorry, what part of my statement was inaccurate?

If saving time on a job can be a bad thing, then is it better to purposely obfuscate things as to make every job become longer?

If that can also be bad (same with every other scenario related to work and productivity), then what possible thing is there that could be good? Would you rather that the guy not have a job and instead have the state give him free money supplied by everyone else (so he can spend time with his kids)?

Not to get in-depth or anything because that is not the subject of this thread, so try not to run too far with it.

Ah I see your excellent word twisting skills are showing again there Ace.

Now where exactly did I say it would be a bad thing to save time on a job? I merely commented on what that extra time would be spent on suggesting that, in my opinion, it would be better spent by the worker not the employer.

So Ace, are you suggesting that TV would do a better job raising children than their parents?

Start another thread if you like to discuss the ideals of balancing home and work life and the appropriate use of so-called shut-up devices. I’m not really planning to get this thread off course so I won’t continue in this case (just because a forum is named ‘off topic’ doesn’t mean that thread titles are meaningless words on a screen).

I apologize for being curt if you genuinely misunderstood what I was saying. There’s nothing wrong with replying to someones post with my own thoughts on the subject they brought up, if you don’t want the thread to go off on a tangent no one is forcing you to reply to my comments.