Sea Monster Creation

Yes, shrinkwrap makes life a whole lot easier. :wink:
I use to do retopology manually [without the shrinkwrap modifier], and it was a pain.

UPDATE:

Sorry that I havenā€™t posted anything recently, I have been busy with retopo and materials [and some experiments]

Here is the retopo finished (still only need to add a height-map for more details)

I have worked on the teeth, here is the first type:

[NOTE: Bumb-map is way to high, I have adjusted it already]

Bumb-map at 50%:
[to high]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]306735[/ATTACH]

Bumb-map at 33%:
[better]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]306736[/ATTACH]

Bumb-map at 22.5%:
[to low -for a rough tooth-]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]306737[/ATTACH]

Jim Morren

Some tooth wires:

Jim Morren

Before someone says the tooth is missing roots, itā€™s not, I have based it on reptile teeth:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]306747[/ATTACH]
[no root]

Jim Morren

looking real bad assā€¦
really nice sculpting and modelling

Thanks Pranavjitvirdi [how did you come up with this username by-the-way?]

That looks like the combination of dragon and alligator. Maybe you should add some mustache on that monster.

:mad: youā€™ll never guess!

My computer just died on blender! :frowning: ā€¦and I canā€™t access my computer HDD [motherboard failed].
I have only my old laptop left,
I was already planning to get a new computer but I guess I waited to long. :no: -stupid me- :no:

Jim Morren

That is what I was going for.

Well, now thatā€™s overā€¦ (hdd failingā€¦) you donā€™t have anything to be scared of! Now comes the fun part: buying a new comp! Have you ever heard of: http://pcpartpicker.com/? Just start with the case you want, then go nuts! lol Seriously though, my condolences about the computer, bro. Hopefully your HDDā€™s still good though, so you can get your files.

thanks bro,

yeah, looking forward to building my rig, but still have to decide what parts though,

Jim Morren