Scottish moor

When I saw the thumbnail I thought it was a human-shaped tree throwing a hat in the air! Nice image nonetheless except maybe for the trail which should have larger stones rather than the tiny grey ones.

Hi Nivos. Thx a lot for the feedback and constructive critiques, this is exactly the aim of submitting my work here.
I agree with you on the major critiques.
You are right about the Dof and the island on the lake which is not useful.
Concerning the raven, it is actually already supposed to be landing :o. But I understand what you mean and partially agree with you. The thing is that posing the bird in a frontal view makes the silhouette a bit awkward. Being very dark, the bird’s silhouette is very important since the feathers details dońt appear at fist glance.
anyway, I may try to give it another render if I can find the time.
BTW, yes it is rendered in cycles with about 80% procedural textures. About 12 hours of CPU render for 3000 x2400 px image…

great image, it has a powerful narrative feeling.

One thing I dont like is the bird, it looks too rigid and somehow it doesnt seem to be affected by the lightning. I also feel that the hair system is a little too over the top, but this is just a personal opinion on how I would use this feature.

Overall it is an impressive work, worth of being a book cover for example.

Great job!

Lovely! Almost like painting in it’s own way.

Hi alvaro and IconW. Thx so much for your kind words and critics. An updated version is coming very soon (my computer is rendering overnight). i changed a few settings and tried another pose for the bird. Hope you’ll like it. Stay tuned to check the progress.:wink:

Hi
I uploaded an updated version of the image in post #1, following some of your precious advices. Hope you’ll like it.

wonderful render, here. It looks nice and crispy

Thx soring

I really like the changes you made, truly an amazing piece. It’s the first artwork from BlenderArtists that I used as a wallpaper.

I love your work…Thanks

WOW. I’m so glad you like it. Next time I’ll make an horizontal image, it’s easier for wallpapers :yes:
Anyway, you made my day

thx too Morteza. I just checked your homepage. Great skills there.

cheers

The details and colors on this are amazing. Looks amazing!

This is wonderful, great job! :smiley:

Great stuff! Me likes!

THx a lot for your nice comments.

Champagne for today, this image is featured on Blendernation and blender.org !!!