Sci-Fi 2D Action Side Scroller WIP

No worries - if there’s anything you think you can use and want me to render out, just give me a shout via PM.

This is looking pretty good. It’s just a matter of time now before you finish it :).

Thorium Crystal Crash.

Nuclear Knight.

Fusion Fighting Force Five.

Apcolicious

@Gmanx Thanks for the offer, maybe if I get a little more into sprites I’ll let you know.

@razvanc87 Time and a whole lot of hard work :p. Luckily there haven’t been too many major bumps, so progress is going well.

@BPR Interesting names, while I can see they are somewhat related they don’t really have much of a ring to them, although Nuclear knight seems to be fitting. I was thinking something along the lines of ‘Broken Transmission’ for the main story line, but I’ll have to see. For now I think the demo will have to remain nameless.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just though I’d put a couple screenshots up as the deadline draws closer. While writing this post I have again forgotten to document the explosions I have made so far, so I might leave that for the video explanation/playthrough.

Parallax scrolling in place, with lighting sorted out (total of 3 point lamps with inverse linear falloff):

Menu’s:

Unfortunately I don’t really have much time for proper documentation as shown before with the player animations, but hopefully this will give a quick overview of the main events. At the moment the demo is constantly being tweaked and changes added to match the environment and make sure the demo plays out smoothly, and probably too insignificant to document at this time.

Thanks for the comments on the thread so far, lots of awesome suggestions :D.
Hopefully the majority of the game will be up and running within the next few days.

-Thatimst3r

So after a hard week of work and lots of bug squashing I finally managed to record some quick gameplay, and talk a little bit about the demo. The video is more of an overview of the demo itself, which is now available for download :smiley:
Leave some feedback!
The page contains both the direct download link along with a link to leave some feedback so I can improve the game further.

Have fun with the demo!

Comments and critique is always welcomed!

-Thatimst3r

Wow thanks, i always struggled to create lens flares i could use help from that site link thanks to u. Your game coming very beautifuly :slight_smile:

No problem, really you should be thanking carl for coming up with such awesome lens flares, let alone making the realtime for BGE!
Thanks for the feedback :smiley: !

Nice job on everything well I think that its one of the best
2d games I have recently seen.

Very good job! I like the game design, but animation need more flow and physical aspect. To me it’s very important part in 2d games. I will be wait for next update. Keep Moving Forward!!!

@Fred.B Thanks :D, Glad you like it!

@floo Yeah, my animation skills aren’t that great and usually takes me quite a few ‘passes’ or cycles of going through the same animation and tweaking it to get to a acceptable standard. As mentioned animation is quite important, so I might try to ‘up’ my animation skills and then revise over each of the animations :).
Thanks for the feedback!

This game is looking amazing :D. I downloaded the demo version from your website but when I extracted it and then tried to open it, it said something like “check if your computer needs 64 bit or 32 bit version of the program blah blah blah” How can I play it? :confused:

Hmm, it could be an operating system problem or maybe the file didn’t open properly, To directly access the file go inside the folder ‘game code’ and open the .exe

Thanks for trying out the game! :smiley:

So currently I’m on study break before exams (which is why progress has come to a halt), however most people seem to be enjoying the demo. If you haven’t already found it, at the end of the demo level there is an Easter Egg! However most of you seemed to pick that up within the first few seconds of the demo video.

I have multiple game changes I am planning to apply (after exams), such as switching the controls round, adding new animations (and smoothing them out), adding multiple weapons, some bosses and even flying bots! Also the name of the Game will most likely be ‘Broken Transmission’.

Most of these changes have come from the feedback form here
Unfortunately only 6 people have filled out this form :(, 3 of which are friends I directly contacted and asked for feedback. If around 4 more people could provide some feedback, that would be greatly appreciated, so that I can get at least 10 submissions to add improvements to the game.

The form is multi-choice and shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes of your time and again I would be super grateful if you could fill it out :smiley:

Anyway apart from that, development of the game should start back-up in December, so hopefully I will be able to post some more progress and changes added to the game.

-Thatimst3r