Salio BMX

I love seeing an overwhelming model only to see the wireframe and to witness how clean and simple it actually is. Very well made with amazing detail.

How exactly did you create the small displacement on the tyres? Or more to the point, how did you go about mapping them? Did you just work on the one segment then use modifiers to form the tyre?

WOW! ***** amazing details! Congrats!

Wow, nice feedback! Thanks! :smiley:

I don`t used sharpen at all. The blacklevels are a bit high, that might be the reason why it looks so, but this was intendet.

The high- res took about 72 min. (800samples/default light paths/GTX 670). ~ 18 min. for 1080p.
I think, with a little bit tweaking I will be able to make an animation (720p/400samples).

It`s just a texture (displacement) no modifier or sculpting.

It`s just a classic studio- setup and a hdr for the highlights.

Because they are not intended(1) I have to make them afterwards… I selected the segments and used another UV- map… For the next time I will add some Vertex- groups at the beginning ^^ … and yes I started with just a segment and used some modifiers but I have to apply them because of texturing the Tire- sides.

(1)right term?

Awesome, I love how you made the welds look real…super job, thanks for sharing.

Everything accept the welds is really nice work. The welds, well, they’re f*****n’ amazing!!

For BMX, brakeless, anything else is doing it wrong. For dirt/street, XT or Hope hydraulics. I run XT’s on my Surly Instigator!! :smiley:

Really fantastic piece of work !!! :smiley:
But cranks usually aren´t welded, are they ? :wink: (and looks more confidential^^)

Great job! Congrats on top row!

Thanks Farmfield! :yes:

…For BMX, brakeless, anything else is doing it wrong. For dirt/street, XT or Hope hydraulics.

I don`t think so. If you have a brake or not(and which), is irrelevant unless you have fun.

Danke Zimtstern!

…But cranks usually aren´t welded, are they ? :wink: (and looks more confidential^^)

Usually BMX- cranks are made of steel (crome- molybdenum) and welded. But you are right, for a person who is not engaged in this sport it looks unfamiliar.

…Great job! Congrats on top row!

Thanks TARDIS Maker!

interesting you use a sun in a studio set-up?
Is the spot light for the backdrop or the wheel rims?

I assume you make heavy use of mesh lights here.

Yes but just slightly…, you have more control about the shadows (parallel direction/sharpness).

The spot light (backlight(in the screenshot called: rim light) is to improve the outlines of the Bike.

Yes, you are right.

Outstanding piece! Congrats on the top row! :smiley:

Indeed a very nice model, detailed up to the welding, love it.
good work

Very good modeling, specially all those small details!!
But the materials… Wow!!! Excelent!
Congrats

can you give a look at the displacement texture , Plz?

Very well done.
I love the atmosphere given to the render and also the sharpness and accuracy of your modeling.

Amazing work!

The high- res took about 72 min. (800samples/default light paths/1366cores). ~ 18 min. for 1080p.
I think, with a little bit tweaking I will be able to make an animation (720p/400samples).

You mean you rendered this with a inline or pretty big network setup 1366cores?!

“Same .blend for Christmas?
Nice nice render :slight_smile:

Great work man! Nice details, congrats! :wink:

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

blendergoodies:

…can you give a look at the displacement texture , Plz?

Of cause.:

btw.: it is a matter of minutes to create such textures in Blender :wink:

rombout:

You mean you rendered this with a inline or pretty big network setup 1366cores?!

Since I have a good GPU I just think in Cuda- Cores. :slight_smile: I thought it would be self-explanatory. I apologize for the misconception.

Thanks wolfgannn!
but this

…“Same .blend for Christmas?
is a little bit cryptic

thx Ricardo