Run-Down Prison

From what I can see on my iPad it looks like the best one. I’ll take a look on my computer later in the day. Very nice.

Okay just ignore the post above… here is the latest:

I went for some warmer colours. I’ve been tempted to for the last 6 or so renders and I finally gave in. I think it gets rid of the creepy feel it gives off and makes it more artistic.

I’ve also added in some extra ivy, as suggested, and cracked the floor and added in puddles as well as fixing up the railings a bit. The only thing I couldn’t do was add the grass. I gave it a go but it wasn’t working out and my computer hated me for even trying so I excluded it.

As for the chains, they didn’t look right. It had blinding reflections and everything beneath it just looked cut out. It just didn’t go well with the scene, although for a more modern, cleaner prison with more diffused light, they would work very well.

Anything else I could improve on?

Awesome, can’t wait for your feedback :slight_smile:

The floor look better to Me, I prefer less ivy at the sides.

Interesting you saying that… I thought it makes the few bits of visible concrete more interesting. I won’t complain if I have to cut back a bit, my computer hates this ivy :smiley:

I mean at the corridors, I think the green color of the plants have lot o saturation of color, maybe it is just Me.

Well here’s an updated version. A few tweaks have been made and slightly changing the way I made the mist got rid of a few fireflies on the leaves if that helps (probably not).

For any of you wondering how I got rid of the fireflies, I just switched from using a map value node to generate the fog to using the mist pass with a colour ramp. I only noticed this when comparing the composited version to the uncomposited version. I just assumed it was some annoying gloss on the leaves but it turned out the map value was generating fireflies for whatever reason (I think it might be because of the shader’s alpha but that’s just a guess).

you got it going on now:)
i decided to use moss in the prison i’m working cant render it have to use the view port render then save image
i bet if you do e short animation it will look real, thats how my car models are when i animate them.
i did one and thought it was a real car for a second untill i realized i modeled it:D

17 minutes to render a frame… yeah not happening :smiley: Thanks for the suggestion though!

Here’s the last version guys!

This is it I think. We’re finished here. Thank you all for the excellent support you’ve all given me, the results really show when compared to the original post. I’ll post this on the finished projects forum soon :slight_smile:

I think it looks beautiful. The light is still very blown out, but I feel like it’s a conscience decision, and it certainly gives a powerful feel to the piece. The ivy is about perfect , it has a much more natural growth feel, and a sense of winning the war but still not totally dominating the image. The ivy also adds a layer to the timeless theme of man vs. nature. In that sense, the incredibly strong light could even have a different interpretation. Maybe I’m reading too deep into it. But the image has a sense of mystique, which is tricky to find. Also big points for the general messiness, and grime.

I really like the concept too, in the sense of a prison which time has destroyed.

Excellent work, I think it will be well received as a finished project.

• And don’t forget to make a few renders from different camera angles. The scene is certainly large enough with enough detail to create some odd angle artsy shots.

Great work.

I’ll definitely get round to it! Thank man :slight_smile: And thanks for all your help, this wouldn’t be nearly as good without your contributions.

Excellent work:) Note that the mist pass works with alpha images and map value node does not. Also I have found that in the render panel under light path settings turn the transparent value way up to like 15 or 20 for max and min because if your camera angle has 20 leaves lined up and you only have the transparent value set at 4 the mist pass will not work correctly and thus put in fog where it shouldn’t be. My only critique is on the floor. It seems a bit too glossy and lacking some texture detail. Cracks are a good idea maybe just find a higher resolution texture image with less bump or sharpen the bump. Also some of the modeled crack seem a bit dull and should be sharp like a jagged knife. Any how hope this helps. Good Job man!

Congratulations!! As a post-human world!