rock/metal girl

I fixed the jaw and lip problem. The hair had problems on the side, I changed them also a bit.

Hi Sol

Looking good, just something that is really sticking out are the corners of the mouth. In all cases the top lip will slightly protrude over the lower lip and be a bit puffier, the crease where they join in the corners seems to long.

Keep it up, looking forward to the final result.

Shaun

Thanks Shaun (a.k. speed777777). I change a bit the lip according to what you said but I must admit it’s not as good as it could be. I’m sure I will improve the lips in the next model I’ll make.

Here’s the last update. I the head is not going to change much from here. Maybe I’ll be tempted to try new haircuts since I’m not so happy with it.

There’s something that disapoint me a bit with that model, I don’t know what. Maybe it’s just that I’m on it since too long and I feel kind of bored.

Oh yeah, I know I stated before that the hair particles in 2.74 was better, it’s still my opinion but not
in every aspect. Why does hair dynamics doesn’t work anymore ?? before I used to check the box, play with stifness a bit but a simple ctrl a would work. Now nothing happens even with the gravity of planet Namec. Am I doint something wrong because nobody seems to complain.

Wow!! I totally love this newest update! It looks like a 200% improvement since the thread started… I understand the feeling your talking about, when I get to that point though, I usually like to take a 24hr or so break to let my mind rest!

I haven’t much messed with hair in 2.74, although everybody’s been raving about them… I guess I’d better!

Thank you, your comment it’s encouraging. Watching at this model I was thinking “all this time for that”? And I must admit that in some ways I find the first model cuter even if it’s less acurate and real looking. But I think now it’s because of the nose and the square jaw. I’m going to refin those a little bit.

The eyes need adjustment.

@JustWandering

In which way the needs adjustment? In the modeling or in the material. I assume it’s in the material, am I right ?

I changed the eye texture and copied a material from another WIP, the Anson Adams 27’s female character eye shader, which he took from a CG Cookie tutorial apparently, so… Interesting, I got to test that shader better to understand what does what. For exemple, for the surface, a Refraction node is used mixed woth a glossy one and a glass one for the volume. Why a refraction and a glossy at the same time?? a glass shader isn’t that precisely ??

As you can see I also modeled a necklace and changed the t-shirt. I sculpted folds for clothes and textured the pants better.

A closer shot on the eyes.

The different parts of the body have been joined, the texture have been refined a bit to blend better between the different parts but I have to admit that this process is quite hard for me to do. This time it’s quite okay but if you pay attentin you can still see the joins it seems.

Now I’m gonna model a guitar for her. It could a Telecaster or a Les Paul Gothic, I’m not quite sure yet.

Almost everything is modeled, I’ll do the rest after texturing and after seting up the strings

Just a side view and some letters to have the right to post this image.

I just have to change some little problems of texture and the guitar is one.

I’llpost some other render test later or tomorrow.

Hi SOL

This is really starting to take shape and looking very good.

Just an observation, but is that area supposed to be flat?

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

No, it’s not supposed to be like this. I gotta fix this.

I could say that the guitar is finished. There may be some litlle problems of modelling, I think especially on the head of the guitar but it’s not very visible and this guitar is just an asset for the girl. But yeah… it’s not my first C guitar but it’s definitevely the best I made so far. The four first one were made something like 15 years ago with Amapi so I wasn’t very drown to model a good one.

I’ll make a strap depending on the poses I’ll set for the girl… which really needs a name by the way.

Attachments

The second image has been posted twice, I dont know why…

Great work

Close up on the head.