River Scene

Well Im getting closer to final render but there are some errors still please help me in case I missed any.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400159[/ATTACH]

Sorry that it has been a long time since I up dated this (been in school) Here is my latest render any critiques would be helpful:

The look keeps on changing. I’d suggest that you add some more mist and make it more bluish, (to increase the current look,) or make it sunny and yellow. Right now it seams somewhere in between, with something of a stormy tint. My advice is to pick one feeling, misty, stormy, or sunny. I have that problem often. I try to mix two feelings into one picture, because I like both.
Here’s what I’ve noticed about the small details:

1. I still can’t tell the scale.

2. The river bank is green, where it should be dirt, or grass. I liked the sand better.

The water ripples look pretty good.

I liked the color scheme on post #15

I have always been a particular fan of landscapes. I think I like the sky and water best. Amazing amount of detail.

Finally found some time for this. New image is rendering now.

Here is the new image. Please give feedback!

I think the sunlight should be brighter and less yellow. The sky should also look less stormy. I like the long grass, but it sort of throws off the scale. A bit more translucency in the leaves would also be an improvement. Your image is too saturated, and has too much contrast. It hurts my eyes to look at it for too long. Try making it less saturated, and give the eyes somewhere to rest.

Try to add few stones with flowers or bush, it will fit with the environment.

@vena I added flowers in that image. However they were not very visible so I adjust the height and will probably give it a re-render tonight.

@GPS14 That all came from a early morning HDRI however taking you substitutions a will have a double look at my HDRI/lighting.