RGP - Racing Game Project (working title)

Sooo… anything new in this part of the world?

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I really like the visuals of the game, can’t wait to see this game progress !

Wow. you did a marvelous job with the gameplay. Loved it.

COntinue this project dude. Keep on making it better. Because i would pay money for a game liek this that was multiplayer and on steam. You have daimond here!

Ah! I remember finding this game on another website a while ago, although I was never able to get it to run over ~5fps unless I was running the game in Wireframe mode.

I will try it again, with the suggested optimizations, and see if I can make this thing playable!

With all shadows disabled, shaders/color management/all that disabled, and disabling all 2D filters, I can get about 45-50fps depending on how much terrain is on-screen.

Switching to Multitexture mode and playing at 320x240 in a standalone window gets me to a solid 60fps!
This is quite fun, but like others said the handling is over-sensitive, and it seems overly difficult to correct yourself without over-correcting. After about 20 attempts I am still unable to get over the first hill (about the 25% mark) without going off the side of the track.