Retopology Tools

The goal of this tutorial is to clean blender.

• First, you need to save your current addons.
  • Then, remove and disable all the enable addons and input shortcuts you added.
  • Remove the addons in the Blender directory, sometimes, that dos not remove all the addons when removing in the preferences.

C:\Users\YourPC\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons

• Restart Blender and check if there are some problems.
    In window>toggle system Console you can check if you have some problems, missing addons etc.
    If it’s ok, you have this.

• Then copy your addons in the Addon directory or install them in the preferences.

C:\Users\YourPC\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons

• Restart Blender and go to the user tab in the preferences addons and enable them.
  • Enable the other addons of Blender.

Your blender is clean ^^

Nice tool.It would be so nice if they’ll add this stuff as default optional addon in blender.

:smiley:

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank the developers of this fine add on! It has shaved my workflow to half! Next is…

I have a question, Is there a way that we can re-establish the link between the original mesh and the retopo’ed mesh after changing the name of the lores mesh or quiting blender?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Yes, select the ref, select the retopo and go in edit mode. :wink:

SU on selected
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-Xvg5yjnvPdeGhMdFF1LUZ4R1U/edit

Yes, I will fix that soon !

I have some problems, i was activate the “bsurfeces” and “looptools” inside Bleder 2.72b addons library, after i was install the “ice tools”, “auto mirror” and “retopology tools” in this order, but when select a X model and activated the “Setup retopo mesh” and draw some lines and clic over “Add Bsurface” Blender show me this error.

The model base can move but not redo this move

I´m doing wrong? i got the lastest versions of the addons.

Thans brother!, nice job

Pitiwazou, thank you for the excellent addon. Did you do anything special to get the LoopTools dropdown menu to appear in your tool? The menu does not appear for me, and instead the console continually outputs the following error when I’m in edit mode:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\Retopology_Tools_B.py:546
search for unknown menutype loop.tools
uiItemM: not found loop.tools

Possibly related is the fact that if I disable the LoopTools addon, the console instead outputs the following while in edit mode:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\Retopology_Tools_B.py:544
search for unknown menutype loop.tools
uiItemM: not found loop.tools

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\Retopology_Tools_B.py:546
search for unknown operator ‘MESH_OT_looptools_gstretch’, ‘mesh.looptools_gstretch’
rna_uiItemO: operator missing srna ‘mesh.looptools_gstretch’

I’m using Blender 2.72b with Windows 8 and haven’t been able to fix this so far. Thanks for any suggestions!

@Blegoo, I don’t have this bug on the 2.72b I just downloaded and I am on win 8.1.

@salgv, I don’t know what is the problem with Bsurface, I’m sorry.
Without the addons activated, Bsurface works ?

Hello again pitiwazou and many thanks for this great adddon! just a couple of things: Recalculate normals is not a important button to keep in? I seeing make normals consistent button, but I think is not the same. The second thing is that bsurfaces sometimes have problems. A persistent bug is:

As you work a lot with this tool, I would to know if you had the same problem. I think that is something related to grease pencils strokes cache/data. But I don’t know how to delete them. Any idea what is happening?

My script only call the bsurface operator, there are no other codes.
On your screen it seems that your context is incorrect, are you in edit mode when painting the lines ?
Witch blender do you have ?

To delete the grease pencil you can press D + RMB or delete it in the N panel.

I have no problem with bsurface on blender 2.72b.

you MUST be in edit mode for bsurf generate surfaces hence the message: context is incorrect.

I think I’ve discovered what was preventing the LoopTools dropdown menu from appearing.

If I am interpreting the script correctly, Retopology_Tools_B.py line 546 is trying to search for the “loop.tools” menutype from mesh_looptools.py at ~line 4130. I see that the Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu addon is on the same GitHub page as the Retopology Tools, and I think maybe Retopology_Tools_B.py actually finds the menutype from Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu line 196. Enabling the Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu addon indeed makes the dropdown menu appear correctly. Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu.py at lines 195-210 and mesh_looptools.py at lines 4129-4143 are identical, except that only the Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu script contains 'bl_idname = “loop.tools”, which is what Retopology_Tools_B.py is searching for.

To make the LoopTools dropdown menu appear in Retopology Tools without the need for the pie menu addon, I inserted bl_idname = “loop.tools” into mesh_looptools.py at line 4130. This made everything work as expected using just IceKing’s Tools, Automirror, LoopTools, and Bsurfaces. Alternatively, copying Wazou_RMB_Pie_Menu.py lines 195-210 into Retopology_Tools_B.py also makes the dropdown menu appear without need for the pie menu addon. Maybe the latter option could be a good addition to the Retopology Tools script to help the dropdown menu appear for users?

I’m also using 2.72b and if I remember well, I was in edit mode, because I had selected some vertex to use with the bsurfaces. But, I don’t know how the error don’t appears again, after playing with grease pencil parameters. Anyway manythanks!

pd: here there is similar bug discussion
https://developer.blender.org/T36101

Ok blegoo, I will look that tomorrow ; )
Indeed same bug on bsurface.

Not sure at 100% but maybe this bug have relation with the local view mode

I don’t want to derail the topic here, but I think that since the last build Bsurfaces and Looptools are broken; I don’t know what could it be, but as the retopology tools seems to use both addons I think you should take a look into that.

The last version that was working fine (at least for me) was the official 2.72a.

I cannot modify those addons, I’m not good enough, sorry !

I dont’ know if both addons have the same root of problem. But I can confirm that in the case of bsurfaces the bug is produced only in LOCAL VIEW