Retopo MT

Just saw this thread. From the looks of it, you guys got the workflow down perfectly. It’s amazing that something like this had been missing from blender for so long. I def recommend setting up a donation page, and then post this on other websites like Polycount and game artisans. Quite a few game artist are just looking for dedicated retopology tools, and if blender can fit right into that part of the pipeline then they will most likely bite.

Really … a donate page would be good, and you’ll see…

so amazing!!!
I really hope you guys let us give it a try soon… this would make things so much easier and fun.

Retopo MT is comming, I will make a video and post the code :wink:

great. cant wait

yay, great timing :eyebrowlift::cool:

Retopo MT is available !

It’s in alpha Stage, so you can see some bugs, thanks to put the error messages on this post :wink:

Retopo MT is a tool for retopo, you use it in addition with other addons or tools in Blender, in Edit Mode.
You call the tool with CTRL+SHift+X (we can change this shortcut ^^).

In this video you can see the Addon and his tools.
It’s in french (again ^^) so I’m sorry to not translate it, that demand too much time and work.

Here some gifs.

Add of polygons

B-surface style

Polygon merging

Contour style

The core of the addon is the add polygons, it’s easy and fast.
Like I said, it’s in alpha stage so you may have some bugs, don’t worry and tell us what are your bugs.

The dev will not add feature, he as a new job and can just fix bugs, so i someone wants give us his help, don’t hesitate to participate :wink:

The link to the script > https://github.com/pitiwazou/Scripts-Blender/raw/Older-Scripts/retopo_mt

and a happy new year to you too! lol, this amazing bro!

I cant get it work in 2.73?!
Bytheway Great stuff from the video!

Merci pitiwazou, un très grand cadeau!
Bravo pour la grande œuvre!

Excellent!

• Davide

I don’t have test on the 2.73 yet, but I think the wode will be fixed when the official release will be available.

David, c’est pixivore le dev ^^

Bravo à vous deux, alors! :smiley:

• Davide

Fantastic Work!

…but I have installed and wanted to try it - but it doesn´t work

Is this exactly install instruction sequence? (See it in the Review)

1. Install Addons > Retopo MT / Ice Tools / Surface Constraint Tools / Retopology Tools
  2. Select the Reference Object
  3. Set up Retopo Mesh in Ice Tools
  4. CTRL+SHift+X for Retopo MT

You don’t need other addons. Just add a mesh go in edit mode and press ctrl shift x.

Sweeet!
Off to try it out.

Thanks Céd and Will!

i’m getting this error (2.72b)

Céd,

Installed it, and works fine for how much I could test. The problem is I have a custom setup, navigation etc. And it does not play well with my settings.

I use Maya style navigation.
I did just a quick search through the script to see if you have the navigation coded in, didn’t find it (I’ll have to take a closer look though).
Do you know what I’d have to do to pass through a custom navigation scheme?

For anyone having issues with it, this is the version I’ve tried it on and it works:
blender-2.72-646a96b-win64

great work! thanks

OrAngE, at the bottom of the script you have the keymap, so you can change the shortcut as you want :wink:

mkbreuer, yes you can do this to have all the tools for retopo.
You can also use retopo MT alone, just add a mesh, go in edit mode and launch the tool.

It will be great to have all of this inclued in blender and don’t need to install 50 addons.

yes, sadly I get the same error (using 2.70). I hope you guys find a fix… this tool is amazing!!