Remi's sketchbook

I remember a “Remi” guy in the LIghtwave community

unfortunately that wasn’t the same Remi, I never tried lightwave :frowning:

aaaaaa… nobiggie… just wondering… might of been an cool thing…

never tried Lightwave? … good for you… Blender is waaaaay better… IMHO…

Here is my most recent project for the CGC architectural contest

1 Like

grass study - cycles 100 samples

d=1416740742
300 samples

smoke study

abstract study with smokes and procedural cracks - 2500 samples

Some really neat abstract ones here, the last ones seems to have quite a bit going within it.

Some of the study images look a bit simplistic, but I do get that they are just for trying things and are not meant to be full images.

Hi Ace Dragon, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Some of my images are just quick tests/tutorial results and therefore I don’t want to spend a lot of time on them.
But I am in a phase where I’m posting anything I do with blender whatever the quality, as this helps me to find motivation.

Puddle study - 300 samples

snow study - 200 samples

another blender guru tutorial - 200 samples

A lot of great work here, Remi, and as a somewhat avid reader, I really like the two libraries. My one comment on them, though, is that direct sunlight usually isn’t very good for books. In the one, I like the skylight idea, but I’d go for more of a translucent, rather than transparent one. With the window, I’m not sure there, but I know that the opposite wall would definitely not be a good place to keep books. With both, I like the idea of the natural lighting, but it should never be positioned in a way where it would (or could) fall directly on the books on the shelf. That would cause them to get “bleached” over time.

Lots of great work here, though! Love the details.

Thank you gradyp for your insight and kind feedback.
I never thought of that for the libraries! Being a big fan of them I’ll take your advice in account for the future projects!

lightning study

heat distortion study - 10 samples (more noise -> better result!)

microphone tutorial from cg masters - 500 samples

building tutorial - 500 samples

After that kitchen work, I wanted to try something more cartoonish:

2 quick animations I did following these ideas:

wow you got skills. I really love the kitchen render. It’s beautifull and looks so realistic :slight_smile:

Latest work: stylised pirate ship from following reference found on internet:

Result:

quick turntable: