Razer Hydra Motion capture Addon for Blender 3D

Yeah, basically it’ll require creating a PYD file for the stem system from the stem system DLL, and changing the refresh to 1/120th from 1/60th.
I’ve written scripts that will handle as many base stations and hydra controllers dynamically, but for now it’s just hardwired to two controllers.

I plan on making it work for the Stem system.

One thing about cleaning up the F-curves… Inkscape seems to have some good curve simplification code, especially in the bitmap tracing section. Maybe some of that could be borrowed…

That sounds cool.

I’ve just installed 2.71; I’m getting this error when I try to enable the plugin:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Arquivos de programas\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\modules
\addon_utils.py”, line 299, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Documents and Settings\TiagoTiago\Dados de aplicativos\Blender Founda
tion\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\hydra_control.py”, line 22, in <module>
import PySixense
ImportError: Module use of python33.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

Found that out myself. I believe blender quietly switched to python 3.4, and the PYD uses python 3.3. I’ll need to get a new pyd compiled for 3.4 for it to work. I only know one person who knows how to do this, so I’ll ask him about it some time soon.

Also, I’ve been learning how to actually program stuff, so I will be updating this month (hopefully).

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 299, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\krnk\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons\hydra_control.py”, line 22, in <module>
import PySixense
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Working in Blender 2.70! :o

i understand this is a longshot but is there any chance you will be making this addon for blender 2.8x?

The challenge is that the sixense dll was wrapped into python 3.4, and now blender uses a new version of python, so it would have to be wrapped up again. I totally don’t understand that part, and it’s quite complex, and the last guy who helped out didn’t really enjoy it and it was a largely frustrating process - so, if you want this addon, we’d have to pay somebody to wrap that dll and then from there update the python so it’s friendly with blender 2.8 or 9.

Is this something you’re very interested in? I sorta want it, but for now I can run it in 2.74a or whatever the last version was and then load the file in blender 2.9.