Razeeman's Sketchbook

Cool looking stuff here! Admittedly I had to look the HPX 1000 MECA up. Apparently they are also referred to as Stewart Platforms used in robotics. Fascinating.

@Xraygunner Thank you. Glad you like it.

Stewart Platforms. Interesting. I guess it is the other name, more scientific. And “hexapod” is a more common name. Thanks for the info :slight_smile: By the way I found about this device because apparently many artists use it in robot concepts in a form of the neck or torso-pelvis connection. It kind of provides the needed range of motion and looks cool.

Re-opened at OP request

Low-poly practice before trying another hard surface project.

Industrial robot KUKA KR-30. Model is not completely accurate and topology is not very clean, but i’m still happy with it. Critique and comments are welcomed as always.

Composed render.

Clay render.

Just some additional wireframe render.

Inspiring works! So many things in them to be inspected and learned! A strong dose of inspiration for creativity, indeed! : - )

@Fatesailor Thank you. Glad you find this interesting.

Found this mechanical part while searching for references of industrial robots. This is a tool changer which allows industrial robots to change tools they are using without stopping the work process. Consists of two parts: robot adaptor module which connects to the robot hand, and tool adaptor module which holds different tools for robot to use, for example welders, holders, grinders etc. The actual model is RQC/RTP 800 by DESTACO.

Composed render.

Clay render.