Raptor

rex is jealous

Thanks guys! Finally wrapped the project up and got it onto TurboSquid! Hopefully some people are interested in it haha :’)

Also added a fine detail map so it holds up in close up renders.

how did you make the texture, like did you paint it live on blender, or did you use photoshop?, also did you use a ready texture as a base, because it look so real

tremendous model, you reached the highest level !, excellent animation!

All textured in Blender. Use the jitter setting on the brush to give the texture a bit more randomness and natural looking patterns.

Thought I would share what I am working on now, a Brachiosaurus (early days yet, texture has some way to go, and no eyes or teeth or anything like that)
Going for as much realism as possible. The basemesh is designed to fit over a skeletal reconstruction of the animal.

Here’s a turntable of the brach. There’s a texture flickering issue caused by the fine detail texture (the scales are too small at that distance for them to show up clearly pixel-by-pixel, so they appear to flicker when animated) which is something I hadn’t considered prior to animation but I think I can do a bit of a workaround in the materials by fading it out after a certain distance.

Wow! I specially like the texture work. Very nice.

Impressive sculpt ! so many details.

Added an alternative texture based on Blue from Jurassic World.

Some amazing texturing skills on that last image, the quality at first glance looks quite similar to what you see in the movie.

Your creature skills have really improved over the last month.