Ranquin 201X

Ahh, going for a more overall human likeness in this latest one, eh? Very nice additions with the hair and proportions! (Although I still favor the alien looks from the beginning, lol)

Ranquin, to me your last girl image looks awesome. And I simply love the lionish alien. Very good works.

wow, your skin shader is really good. nice. hey env, haven’t seen you for awhile, good to see you are still lurking around :slight_smile:

Ranquin, I assume that you textured a retopologized girl head and not a sculpt (but I could be wrong…); would it be possible to see a wireframe?
(Hey Modron, thanks, nice to hear from you too)

bossestrenders, thank you ! Yeah, I don’t know, I guess she was becoming to boy-ish to my taste. I think I changed her too much overtime.

Modron, thank you !

EnV, Thank you ! You have some fantastic girls on your covers man ! And wow, you’re a real blendermaster.
She’s started out as a dynamesh in zbrush which I zremeshed and then Uv’d in Blender (If my memory serves me correctly). The polyflow is not optimized in anyway.
So she’s actually highpoly - level 5 and I added a normalmap in the end to get to level 6 again.
Micro-displacement is something I wish Cycles would support in the future, but then again, v2.76 can handle a lot of polys which is not really an issue if you don’t animate.

Cheers guys !

Thanks Ranquin, both for your words as for the wireframe. :slight_smile:
I see, maybe the polyflow it’s not optimized but not bad at all, I’d say… (I don’t know Zbrush yet, but I suppose that it’s an automated retopology of the sculpt, right?) also, I wish I could sculpt as good as you do, I especially like the not-average-as-usual (in a good meaning) facial features of your sculpts.
All the best.

I like her in her new human form :slight_smile:
Although, i liked all of the iterations of the humanoid phase just as well.

The outcome is still the same, a stunning piece!!

A truly beautiful sculpt, Ranquin! The details are outstanding, and the portrait itself is very appealing to me. I agree with you about micro-displacement; After all, I remember Poser 5 had micro-displacement, and that was 10 years ago! I really wish Blender would gain this feature, as there is only so far I can subdivide a mesh until it becomes unmanageable for my computer.

Enrico, Raden and James, thank you for the kind words guys.
Enrico, I use the zremesher in zbrush alot, it’s automatic but you can draw guidelines on your sculpt and there are a lot of options to control the size and distribution of the polygons. But I use Blender also alot for polygon modeling and making edits.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I started working on my next project: an old likeness sketch I would like to finish.
Sculpting: zbrush (major shapes) + blender (tweaking)

-R

Wow, great shaders and sculpts!

Do you sculpt the pores with a brush, or do you map a generated bumb texture on the face?

Consider me a fan!

Bert

Great sculpting, is that Woody Harrelson?

Thank’s Bert, glad you like it :slight_smile:
I layer alpha stamps in zbrush, but I guess you can do the same thing in Blender with this technique Pitiwazou.

3pointEdit, thank you !
Yes, I’m trying to do a likeness sculpt of Woody Harrelson.

Some stupid Krita symmetry doodle fun.

Attachments

A quick lighting test of an old zbrushsculpt.
Hope you like it

Attachments

It’s good to see some of your works again!!

Nice one, love it! But then again, I’m a fan of all your works :slight_smile:
It’s one of those pieces that has me say ‘Why can’t I do that!’
Nice touch with the nose-ring.

0rAngE, thanks as always for the nice words !
I’m glad you like it and I’m sure you can pull something similar or even nicer off.

Cheers Bro :slight_smile:

Really cool stuff in your sketchbook!

Thank you Todor :slight_smile: !